Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 12-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Togalicious Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Scooby:
Gamakatsu said Bong... Hehehehe

scooby@stripersurf.com

Scooby snacks
Old 12-19-2003, 01:46 PM

Gamakatsu:

I don't see anything on this thread that says the environmentalist believe that the swords are 94% healthy. I find it hard to believe that 29,000 metric tons is 94% healthy when 20 years ago the numbers were 93,000. Have we just lowered our expectations?

surf cowboy
Old 12-19-2003, 02:40 PM

quote:
The assessment shows that growth in the biomass has surpassed expectation, increasing from a level of 65 percent of its healthy stock size to 94 percent

Disclaimer: The reference to "bong" was only because he accused me of smoking funny stuff.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:49 PM

quote:
What do you suggest we do, then: ignore "doomsday" reports, and just focus on the positive?

Don't ignore the reports, but always keep in mind as to where they came from and what the author's agenda might be. Would you give much credence to a report from a commercial fishing organization that says fish stocks are just peachy? Do you really think the enviros would give you a less biased report than the comms?
Old 12-19-2003, 04:01 PM

Gamakatsu:

I agree that you will find bias on either side of the argument. So what do we do about it? Is one side always right or always wrong? Of course not. Is there someone out there who has a genuine desire to deliver bias-free studies? Probably so. Will we trust them when they give us a study? Probably not. Like I said, I'm from the "abundance of caution" school. I'd much rather find out that I'm wrong, and that the fish are fine, and that we've unintentionally screwed a bunch of comms than to find out later that I'm right, long after the time when we could do something about it.

Oh yeah, I didn't say that there was anything wrong with your wacky swordfish tobacky... as a matter of fact... half the guys on this board could do with a toke or ten... I, however, will take the fifth on this one... Hell, I'll take the whole half-gallon...

surf cowboy
Old 12-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

its o.k to screw UNINTENTIONALLy a bunch of comms. COWBOY, in your sick way, you feel its o.k . SCREW THE COMMS give me all the fish

BENTROD
Old 12-20-2003, 07:44 PM
CATCHnRELEASE

Gamakatsu...

After reading all your posts, the feeling is...

You don't care about the stocks, you don't care about where they are going...DEAD...

You will be dead too...happy holidays..