Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 02:24 PM

What puzzels me how many of you won't share locations, but will give tons of advise so they "CAN CATCH" fish. Why make them use your advise where there are no fish?

My favorite raritain bay hot spots are "pebble beach" Union Beach, "The pumping station" North Middletown, "Lost Beach" belford. My other favorites are the "knoll", "rip". These spots produce almost effortlessly. I fish many other great places I will share with you all but if you cant find fish at these spots you wont find them anywhere.

He who does not know, and does not know he does not know, is a fool shun him!
He who does not know, and knows he does not know is stuck, help him!
He who knows, and does not know he knows is a sleep, wake him!
He who knows, and knows he knows is smart, follow him!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:24 PM

What puzzels me how many of you won't share locations, but will give tons of advise so they "CAN CATCH" fish. Why make them use your advise where there are no fish?

My favorite raritain bay hot spots are "pebble beach" Union Beach, "The pumping station" North Middletown, "Lost Beach" belford. My other favorites are the "knoll", "rip". These spots produce almost effortlessly. I fish many other great places I will share with you all but if you cant find fish at these spots you wont find them anywhere.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:09 PM
SS/Platinum

I always get a little agitated when folks around here get angry at someone for posting a "Hot Spot". This is the person who posts this highly in flux "Hot Spots" own business.

If you don’t like reading them than don’t.

Until Bob banishes posting "Hot Spots" post on. One out of a million might finally pay off for someone.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:15 PM

agreed, most of the people's secret spots are clear for anyone that can read a book on surf fishing in nj, jim freda must be hated here, as he has a book that describes every spot from noth to south.

also it is pretty stupid to think that fish are only in one place, they are around and someone telling you where they are blitzijng is pretty futile if you live more than 20 min's from that spot. i don't understand why it's such a big deal as far as someone catching all the fish and leaving none for the rest of us. i do however understand the crowding issues but truly the way population growth has occurred in our great state i see telling people spots as the least of the problems, one day not too far away there will be so many people fishing that on a wekend fall day, any spot will be shoulder to shoulder.

as a trout fisherman i never go out on opening day, probably miss out on some good freshly stocked fish but i am willing to make that sacrifice to avoid the crowds. this is why i rarely fish on weekends, and never during the summer weekends. for those who still have a problem, they are really better off finding another state with less pressure, it's not the internet but the population that is crowding things.

son of a son of a sailor

"As the son of a son of a sailor I went out on the sea for adventure"
Old 10-28-2003, 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KissMyBass:

si iguess you'll be following me around, what should i be looking for in my rear-view?

son of a son of a sailor

"As the son of a son of a sailor I went out on the sea for adventure"
Old 10-28-2003, 03:39 PM

What you see below follows no one

Old 10-28-2003, 04:00 PM
Mad Russian Scientist

I don't think it's about spots, it's about posting that you had a great day at specific location and actual details.
Let me give you a little example:
You work hard to find fish or use your knowledge to do it, and when you do you spend a nice couple of hours getting fish. Standing next to you is a very nice gent that is also enjoys his time out. On your way home you are
planning your trip for the next day and the nice gent that was fishing with you planning his "article" for the internet. The next day you show up at that same location you'll see billion googans casting away. Sounds familiar?
I hope you enjoying your company.
So go ahead, KissMyBass, post about your success and while you at that don't forget to write about tides, winds and all other details that will make your next trip more pleasurable.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:07 PM
SS/Veteran

well said superfly.

roger.smith@stripersurf.com
Old 10-28-2003, 04:22 PM

kiss my bass.
Im cool with you posting spots but thats a TINY bass.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Mad Russian Scientist

quote:
By work hard to find fish, do you by any chance mean work hard to find some one elses secret hot spot? Whether you show up on your own or hear about it from some idiot like me makes little differnce.

You will learn soon enough. I'm suprized that you only needed 4 fishing polls to catch that bass
Old 10-28-2003, 04:35 PM

One of my 9 fish on the other thread is in the 30# bracket but, for the record that bass above was 29" 12# cought on fresh clam at the first set of bath rooms at sandy hook during daylight medium tided hardly no wind. I'd ask for pics or your catches this year but i'm sure you are "catch and release" or "have no camera".

[This message was edited by KissMyBass on 10-28-03 at 05:29 PM.]
Old 10-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Mad Russian Scientist

We, people, don't work. We just fish.
You found it - you earned it.

Every year will be different. Today's hot spot is not that hot tomorrow, you should know if by now. Now, let me try it from a different angle.
People on this board don't get pissed off because somebody posted general location, they get pissed for a different reason explained in
the previous post.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
SS/Platinum

I think some folks are missing the point. If you want to post a Spot that is your prerogative. No one should/can tell you not to.

Last time I checked this board was hosted in NJ, which happens to be a State belonging to our great free sovereign Country, the U.S. Of A.

Now if Bob decides to ban posting spots then that would be a different story since it is his board, hosted in NJ, which happens to be a State belonging to our great free sovereign Country, the U.S. of A.

Let freedom ring! Post On!

Old 10-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Mad Russian Scientist

Old 10-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Mad Russian Scientist

>>I think some folks are missing the point. If you want to post a Spot that is your prerogative.
>>No one should/can tell you not to.

Read it over again, Elliot. Nobody ever sad you can't.

>>Last time I checked this board was hosted in NJ, which happens to be a State belonging
>>to our great free sovereign Country, the U.S. Of A.

Check again.

>>Now if Bob decides to ban posting spots then >>that would be a different story since it is >>his board, hosted in NJ, which happens to be >>a State belonging to our great free >>sovereign Country, the U.S. of A.
We heard that one already.
Closed Thread