Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 10-27-2003, 06:38 PM

Any one else ever catch any?

(5)St. Croix 8'6" Ben Doerr surf system rods (4)Shimano Calcutta 400 reels + custom St. Croix Premier Graphites with extended butts.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:38 PM

Any one else ever catch any?

(5)St. Croix 8'6" Ben Doerr surf system rods (4)Shimano Calcutta 400 reels + custom St. Croix Premier Graphites with extended butts.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:47 PM

caugt several up here in upstate ny.my friends have too. they tag them near where i fish.they have a small flat barge with a generator and a few guys with nets.they go up in the shallow flats and shock them .the bass go crazy and some are stunned.they scoop them up and tag them.saw them pull some real big fish out.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:10 PM

Is that why my hair stood up when I grabbed the hook in his mouth?

Old 10-27-2003, 07:27 PM

A buddy of mine tags his fish. I was going to sign up but never got arround to it. I personally have not caught a fish that was tagged yet, but he has gotten emails of guys who have caught his fish. I think it is pretty neat to find out where you tagged fish wined up. He uses the Littoral Society for his tags.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:14 PM

I've been tagging with the American Littoral Society for over fifteen years. So far 27 of my tagged stripers have been recaptured. But I have only caught one taged bass so far.
It cost a half a dollar each to tag fish. ALS will send you a letter and a patch if someone catches your tagged fish. You also have to pay dues, but it is a group that is out to perserve our shore line and the publics access to them.Here is the NY Web Link http://www.alsnyc.org/

May you be able to Cast with the wind, and retreve with the current.

Frank II

Frank II