Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > OBX and the Carolinas

OBX and the Carolinas The Outer Banks and all places North and South

Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 PM

Talking OBX SEPT 19, need some help guides

Hey I have been a member for years. USed to go to cape cod every year with family and did some great fishing. I love the cape. Well this september four generations of anglers are heading to Duck to enjoy each other and hopefully catch some fishes (the ladies are going too but don;t fish).

1. We will be fishing from shore mostly. sound or surf what might be biteing, what do I use for rigs bait etc. Any chance of blues my dad has never caught one he's 83. I got lots on lurs from the cape and this foum.. pencils etc, Any work in OBX?

2. We would like to hire a professional guide one night or day to take us surf fishing. There would be three or four of us. Any recomendations? how much does something like that run.

3. Can you recomend a head boat? We would like to do that also.

4. Can anyone recomend a chsrter? Don't know if we can afford it as there will only be two or three going. What kind of fish do charters catch in september?

I realy love this forum it was so helpfull fishing the cape when coming from Ohio and not knowing sh t from shine ola

Thanks Big Dan
Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Default Re: OBX SEPT 19, need some help guides

Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, Pirates Cove, or Broad Creek Fishing center are three of the big marinas where you'll find a ton of charters for sound, inshore, and offshore. Price wise, sound and inshore charters will run from $400 to $700 for 1/2 to full day trips. Offshore fishing will run $1400 and up.

Fishing wise, sound and inshore trips will focus on speckled trout, redfish, stripers, flounder, spot, croaker, etc. The full day inshore trips will go out and hit the wrecks and towers that are in the area. AJ's, blues, spanish, redfish, bonita, albies are the usual suspects. Mahi and cobia can also be found.

Offshore charters are still targeting billfish, tuna, mahi, and wahoo.

Really don't know of any beach guides, but they are available down there. The beach fishing in sept is so so. Things really don't get going until oct and on.

I have done the charter thing several times down out of Pirates Cove aboard the Obsession, with Capt. Jeff Ross. Good guy. As for inshore fishing, I would recommend Capt. Brian Horsely or Sarah Gardner. They run Flat Out/Fly Girl Charters out of Oregon Inlet. www.outerbanksflyfishing.com is their website. www.reelbuzz.com is another site that is dedicated to charter fishing. There are a bunch of captain you can contact to set up a trip or two. Hope this help. Good luck & Tight lines!!!!