Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Please Open the EEZ

Now boys I know that the bulk of you are Surf casters , I certainly respect your Passion , Hobby and Sport. Today at the end of business hours marked the closing of the comment period for the issue regarding the EEZ.

But I really hoping that there is a group of Managers out there that are going to manage the stocks they way that fish should be managed. Sciences , Stock easements have shown that the stock are back more powerful then ever.

Please do the right thing and Open the EEZ remember this is not a POPULARITY CONTEST. DO the right thing.

Thank You
Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Default Re: Please Open the EEZ

Umm Fishpicker,
You in cahoots with those rec capts down your way that go into the EEZ, fishing for blues, and get the "occasional" striper,quite by accident, of course? Sorry Marty,from what I have read, opening it up would just cause misuse of the resource, and not by the comms I might add.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
SS/Veteran

No Rags I'm just searchin for equality. If they aren't gonna open it then they need to enforce it.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:00 AM

Thumbs down Re: Please Open the EEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Picker
No Rags I'm just searchin for equality. If they aren't gonna open it then they need to enforce it.
FishPick, if you know something illegal is going on, you should report it.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Picker
I'm just searchin for equality
Snipped

There is no more equality left in this country.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:41 AM
SS/Veteran

FP...Go away!!! Stop being selfish and ignorant. Recreational fishing pumps a hell of a lot more into the economy that the commerical sector, be useful go catch doggies.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassin13
FP...Go away!!! Stop being selfish and ignorant. Recreational fishing pumps a hell of a lot more into the economy that the commerical sector, be useful go catch doggies.
Doggies are endangered
Old 06-27-2006, 05:04 PM

Open the eez? "First Do the Right Thing" and make Stripers a Gamefish. After that .....forget the EEZ
Old 06-27-2006, 05:18 PM

As a rec, I have never had it this good. I'm young and wasn't around back in the old days when the fishing was prime and I would like to see those days come back again. Why would we want to change what has been happening lately? It's been getting better every year. Some say the stripers are getting sick due to over population, I think it's time to test that theory by leaving the bunker alone for a few years and see if the problem gets solved.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 PM

Not cool bassin'. How dare you blatantly spit in the face of a working man? Debate intelligently here. From the two brief times i've met picker before the last two beating I've not a bad word to say about him and I thank him for his effort to supply the team with bunker. I got your back picker. I am mostly indifferent to the EEZ issue even after all I have read. If it does open it's all good with me. It's more about integrity and responsibility of the angler(s) commercial or recreational, surf or boat.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:31 PM

I can't cast that far, so it doesn't affect my fishing directly. However I do know that striped bass are doing well despite what I believe is overfishing of bunker.

My personal opinion is that the striped bass fishery should be quota based coastwide and closed until after the spawn - following that, it doesn't really matter where they're harvested. That way, the fishery could be managed as it exists which is a mass of migratory fish.

Bassin may have been a little overzealous, but I think Fishpicker knew he was stirring the pot a little here.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
SS/Veteran

We FINALLY get one of the best spring runs here in NJ we have ever had, and now FP wants to convince us boys and girls that the EEZ should be reopened and for purely unselfish reasons of course.
I would not even know where to start ,its just too ridiculous to even debate.

"The Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission’s Technical Committee is now revamping its assessment process. The Committee’s benchmark assessment will not be available until 2007"
so why should we even CONSIDER re-opening up the EEZ before this info is available ?
whats the rush?, I give you one guess. To scoop up all those 30 lb bass that some of you silly Recs are FINALLY getting a taste of after patiently waiting over 2 decades.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
SS/Veteran

It is nothing personal with Picker. It is about commonsense. And the greater good for all. Think about the economy.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 PM
SS/Veteran

I would like to make a few things perfectly clear. One: I don't have time to stir up controversy !!!! This thread was not a troll !!!!! This thread was intended to be read by the people that are voting on this issue !!!! Believe it or not those same people read forums like this one and many others.

Two : This issue isn't about Comm greed if you feel that way and would like too debate it Please by all means step up and start a thread Comm Forum. I must warn ya that for over a month I have been jousting with the Gov of PA appointee for Striped Bass. Please bring your best game !!!!!!!

Thank you for your time and support !!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

What does PA have to do with the EEZ?
The last time I looked PA was a land locked state.
They actually have a vote that counts regarding the EEZ

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!