Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 05-28-2010, 05:17 AM

Default Fishing Reports Lavalette to IBSP?

I will be down in Lavalette for a few days starting Saturday. Have been reading a lot of reports on Bass and Blues. Also Fluke opens Saturday. I strickly surf fish.
Usually hit SSP and IBSP. Know the area for 50 years.
Any reports would be appreciated as this is my first trip of the year.
(New job thanks to the Governor)
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Fishing Reports Lavalette to IBSP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfkast View Post
I will be down in Lavalette for a few days starting Saturday. Have been reading a lot of reports on Bass and Blues. Also Fluke opens Saturday. I strickly surf fish.
Usually hit SSP and IBSP. Know the area for 50 years.
Any reports would be appreciated as this is my first trip of the year.
(New job thanks to the Governor)
the surf zone that u have been fishing for over the past 50 years has hit a dead spot,first light and last light have been the best times to wet a line clams and bunker have taken SOME fish,the hottest action has been north of the shark river inlet,the biggest body of the big fish has slip off north jersey and up toward long island,not to say you won;t put a fish on the beach but the big schools of bunker and big-uns has slip north of the central jersey suds,fluke opens 2morrow so i would hit a head boat and don't forget to bring your bunker snags,just in case..enjoy
Old 05-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Fishede SSP and then Lavalette down the street from the house. Had a nice hit on my clams last night at dusk in Lavalette, went for the pole and missed it. The other pole with bunker takes off, (figures), I grab the pole just as the line goes slack..........so I wait, about 2 minutes later I reel in an empty hook.
Then the skate bite began.
I also tried a school bus, deadly dick, ect in the daytime, as well as gulp shrimp with a fluke rig....... Nightime I tried a black bomber........better than working.
NADA this morning in Lavalette, must have walked 5 miles! LOL
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 AM

Got a few skates and a sunburn formy tries. Better than work!! LOL
Now back home and going to work!
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Fished Ortley Beach sat night, sun daybreak and evening and mon daybreak. Nothing, not a hit, did not baitfish. Saw acres and acres of bunker about 1/2 mile offshore, saw a alot of boats and kayaks, don't know how they did.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:20 PM

So, I am flying to Chicago, could not not get down this weekend and I hear fish are being weighed in from Lavalette down to the Park; and crabbing broke wide open.

Next shot may be 4th of July weekend as I come home for a week and then go to Philly for a week!

Get out when I am not there and you should do great!!! LOL