Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 03-20-2000, 03:33 PM

Does anybody know where i can buy a RV with four wheel drive? I dont want a pick-up with a slide on. Isaw a couple 4x4 RVs at Nauset beach last year but didnt have time to ask
Old 03-20-2000, 03:33 PM

Does anybody know where i can buy a RV with four wheel drive? I dont want a pick-up with a slide on. Isaw a couple 4x4 RVs at Nauset beach last year but didnt have time to ask
Old 03-21-2000, 12:37 AM

Are you sure they were 4x4's? I know out at Race Point they take 2X4's out on the beach to camp. I don't know how low they take the tire pressure down to, but they do get out there. Of course, they are not cruising up and down the beach with them. They pretty much park them and use a second SUV to move around and off the beach.

[This message has been edited by Scott Branco (edited 03-20-2000).]
Old 03-23-2000, 12:01 AM

An experianced driver can do just fine with a 4X2 but it does limit you to where you can go. I am partial to the truck camper combo but to get a 4x4 motor home you have to pick up the wan't ads and then convert it. There are a few local shops in the orleans , Chatham area that specialize in these convertions. It will run a couple grand to convert the front end, add tranfer case etc.
Most people with converted class A or class C motor homes tend to hold on to them! Tough to find one for sale.