Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 10-29-2003, 09:03 PM

I've been out of action for several days with a nasty cold. Anyone getting stripers anyplace between Nahant and PI?

And does anyone have info on fishing Round Rock Beach in Magnolia? I'm moving into a place right down the street from this beach, and although I've only checked out the structure once, it sure looks fishy.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll piss away the kids' tuition fund on fancy equipment he doesn't need, stay out late at night, come home smelling like a dead mackerel, and start hanging around with some really questionable characters."
-- the Ex
Old 10-29-2003, 09:03 PM

I've been out of action for several days with a nasty cold. Anyone getting stripers anyplace between Nahant and PI?

And does anyone have info on fishing Round Rock Beach in Magnolia? I'm moving into a place right down the street from this beach, and although I've only checked out the structure once, it sure looks fishy.

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll piss away the kids' tuition fund on fancy equipment he doesn't need, stay out late at night, come home smelling like a dead mackerel, and start hanging around with some really questionable characters."
-- the Ex
Old 10-30-2003, 08:35 PM
SS/Veteran

dave i think it must be pretty hit or miss this time of the season,watch for birds working the bait fish and blitzes but i think your best bet would be to head south,like the cape or rhode island,i'm going to rhode island,check the fishing pics and see the one i got last weekend
oh ya plumb island has been dead most of the fall except a few small blitzes here and there

bob

family,fishing life is good oh ya tattoos

Keeper of the light
Old 10-31-2003, 03:08 PM

dave,

I've fished magnolia a lot this past year and sporadically for the past few years. It's a great place to fish and I've caught a few keepers in the last month. The other day seals and a good number of birds were chasin' blues and stripers. so i'd say hit it!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:23 PM

Wow still saw blues at Magnolia? I ran into some good fishing there last month but haven't been in a while. If the blues are still there then we should still have good fishing for a while.

Lookin for my big'un!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:23 AM

Dave,

I was up in Manchester on Saturday and the harbor was full of peanut bunker, with mackerel slaming the bunker, but not a sign of stripers or blues. If they were around I would think that somebody would have hooked up.

Rich