Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 07-03-2000, 01:57 PM

7/3/2k Canal was very hot this morning, not much on top but plenty of fish to be jigged. Got a 36" fish on end of west, mid-canal on an eel and then a couple on a skin jig and one on a polaris. Moved east for the east and instantly hooked into two fish that were easily in the twenties that dropped it. I had no chance of overpowering these fish in the rip I was fishing and had to play them too long and lost. Definately in the twenties, the first one may have been bigger. Caught another 34" fish shortly after, didn't have any problem getting it out of the rip. Those other two fish were fighters. This moon tide is great fishing but you really have to keep it to 1 or 1 1/2 hours either side of slack water. I couldn't even get 4 oz to bounce after that, wind didn't help either. Looks like the weather shouldn't change in the next few days, neither should the fishing. Only problem is the boat traffic really began to pick up around 7 or 7:30 and that and the current shut things down completely. The top water crew was at rest this morning for the most part. Guys fishing bait next to me weren't doing anything.

Dave
Old 07-03-2000, 01:57 PM

7/3/2k Canal was very hot this morning, not much on top but plenty of fish to be jigged. Got a 36" fish on end of west, mid-canal on an eel and then a couple on a skin jig and one on a polaris. Moved east for the east and instantly hooked into two fish that were easily in the twenties that dropped it. I had no chance of overpowering these fish in the rip I was fishing and had to play them too long and lost. Definately in the twenties, the first one may have been bigger. Caught another 34" fish shortly after, didn't have any problem getting it out of the rip. Those other two fish were fighters. This moon tide is great fishing but you really have to keep it to 1 or 1 1/2 hours either side of slack water. I couldn't even get 4 oz to bounce after that, wind didn't help either. Looks like the weather shouldn't change in the next few days, neither should the fishing. Only problem is the boat traffic really began to pick up around 7 or 7:30 and that and the current shut things down completely. The top water crew was at rest this morning for the most part. Guys fishing bait next to me weren't doing anything.

Dave
Old 07-20-2000, 08:13 PM

anybody know what the big ones are hitting on lately? thanks
Old 07-22-2000, 09:44 PM

Their bellies have been full of whiting.
Old 07-25-2000, 12:19 AM

O.K. thanks. I tried Chatham light sat. nite till 1230 then hit the east end on way home til 330 - nothing fished live eels both places . I'll have to try next weekend high tide. good luck all