Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 11-11-2003, 07:42 PM

After staring at it for a few minutes it makes sence now. At first I thought it was somthing for curtains lol. I wouldnt mind trying it.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KissMyBass:
BBM that is correct. Most lures will suffer with terminal tackle. This doesnt include split rings that come standard on certain lures.
I use 5 feet leader as to leave enough room between the lure and teaser. At the end of the leader I use a barrel swivel. Some guys with worse OCD then I have wont even use the swivel!
Im am a bait man by default but the times I do use artificials I get maximum results.

OCD??
Old 11-11-2003, 08:46 PM

OCD = Obsessive compulsive disorder. If you obsess over how sharp your hooks even when you know you just took them out of the pack, or cut your bait with more skill then when you carve the thanks given turky you may have it as well. When you think every single little detail is going to make or break you you may be obsessive compulsive!
Old 11-11-2003, 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KissMyBass:
OCD = Obsessive compulsive disorder. If you obsess over how sharp your hooks even when you know you just took them out of the pack

Unfortunately, not every hook is sharp out of the box. I think we all discover that the hard way...

Jason
Old 11-12-2003, 12:45 PM

I'm glad I opened up this discussion...good comments, but I still don't know if I should tie loops or use the duolock. I do know that I have caught many bottom fish - fluke, sea robins, blues, amongst other living creatures or objects with my tins ---kastmaster, Hopkins etc. with a leader (swivel and duolock snap at the other end) when fishing slow and "steady" on the bottom. But when on top for blues, or trying for mid for weakfish or bass - it's something else.

mudman
Old 11-12-2003, 01:21 PM

If tying leader material directly to the lure is the way to go, should you be doing this for each lure you have before-hand so you can just clip the other end to your swivel. I would think it would be very difficult to do this for night fishing.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:56 PM

I used the same leader. After cutting it to change lures about 5 times I swap it for another full legth. I Don't carry around a bunch of lures with 5' leaders tied to them. In fact I don't even carry rigs. I always tie them on the spot, but thats just me. I can snell a hook just as fast as or faster then you can untangle a rig knotted up, with half your lures stuck to, it at the bottom of your box.
You can buy precut 47" leaders in most bait shops. They are shippd in tubes and are straight! Leader on a spool looks like a slinky when you go to tie a rig. Curly rigs!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:59 PM

Also to save alot of the leleaders lenght when using a teaser, cut one end of your dropper loop at the knot. Now you have a longer stand off. The knot will hold up try it for your self!