Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Commercial - Recreational - Conservation Issues

Commercial - Recreational - Conservation Issues An open forum for the exchange of ideas and positions on current and proposed regulations in saltwater fishing and conservation.

Old 08-30-2004, 05:29 PM

I started this thread as a favor to someone who is having a little computer trouble. God! I hope I don't regret it!!!!RY
Old 08-30-2004, 05:29 PM

I started this thread as a favor to someone who is having a little computer trouble. God! I hope I don't regret it!!!!RY
Old 08-30-2004, 05:54 PM
SS/Veteran

Boy what a coincidence I was just thinking about Bentrods and Fishpicker one year anniversary.

Boy do I remember that muggy Sunday afternoon, fellin rejected after being removed from two other sites because we didn't talk the same or dress the same. We stumbled across StriperSurf.com.

I remember it well sitting in my office (Now the OHGNA Headquarters) in a load of pain eaten M&M's like they were candy. I wasn't a director yet so I couldn't afford goose I was just drinkin the cheep stuff. I made the call to the Bentrod household to tell Bent that I found a really cool site. Thats when it all started. I thought for sure that we would be asked to leave within our first ten post. For some crazy reason we weren't. We came here with on thing and one plain only we both wanted to tell our side show the truth. I might not have been pretty at all times but it has been one really cool year.

Here is our first post a little later I will be posting My all time favorite post witch seems to be very fittin at the current time.
BENTROD

SS/Platinum

Team StriperSurf
+2,000 Posts

posted 08-31-03 06:11 PM
I would just like to say hi to everyone

Fish Picker
SS/Platinum
Team StriperSurf

+2,000 Posts

posted 08-31-03 06:28 PM
hi bent rod fish picker here. how did your rod get bent?

just trying to make a living in an dying industry!
Posts: 2176 | Location: Wildwood, NJ good ol USA | Registered: 08-31-03

BENTROD

SS/Platinum

Team StriperSurf
+2,000 Posts

posted 08-31-03 06:51 PM
hello FISHPICKER, thats a good question.not that long ago, but it was cold out,i was cranking one abourd, cranked bigger ones than that in the past many times before. i started to pull and bob says uhhuhhooohh, then to my dismay i looked up and said oooohhh bbbuuooy, and said i thihk that bent this time, thats not good, but we did seem to mage to get rr abord and since then the rods been fixed, but it will never be the same as you can still see it has a slight wave if you look in the right spot

BENTROD

SS/Platinum

Team StriperSurf
+2,000 Posts

posted 08-31-03 06:11 PM
I would just like to say hi to everyone

Fish Picker
SS/Platinum
Team StriperSurf

+2,000 Posts

posted 08-31-03 06:28 PM
hi bent rod fish picker here. how did your rod get bent?

Posts: 2176 | Location: Wildwood, NJ good ol USA | Registered: 08-31-03

BENTROD

SS/Platinum

Team StriperSurf
+2,000 Posts

posted 08-31-03 06:51 PM
hello FISHPICKER, thats a good question.not that long ago, but it was cold out,i was cranking one abourd, cranked bigger ones than that in the past many times before. i started to pull and bob says uhhuhhooohh, then to my dismay i looked up and said oooohhh bbbuuooy, and said i thihk that bent this time, thats not good, but we did seem to mage to get rr abord and since then the rods been fixed, but it will never be the same as you can still see it has a slight wave if you look in the right spot
Old 08-30-2004, 06:10 PM
SS/Veteran

Here's a good one the Birth of the Comm Forum. Or our own sandbox like one person called it. Sorry cry !!!!!!

posted 09-07-03 01:54 PM
We had a Conservation forum a few years ago but it was supplanted by the Main Forum.

With the recent flurry of activity by a few commercial fisherman here I think its a good idea to establish a forum for the free exchange of ideas and information.

Knock yourselves out but keep in mind - if you wouldn't say it to your Mother - you don't print it here!

Bob D'Amico

Posts: 12502 | Location: Princeton, NJ | Registered: 12-31-98

Fish Picker
SS/Platinum
Team StriperSurf

+2,000 Posts

posted 09-07-03 04:31 PM
Bob great idea some of my comradds and I have been talking about your site they said that they wanted to take a look at it because bent rod and I were speaking so highly of it. I hope that people keep in mind what you said about keeping it clean , That is a big draw for some of the guys that we hang with. their all out flukin today but I'm sure that they'll be happy to see what you've done. Thank you .

Old 08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

AND WITH A RECREATIONAL STRIPER FISHING BAN,,,,, driven by hate, ignorance and greed,,,,, FISHPICKER,,, i may pass you in the posts count before you know it,,, exspecialy because im taking this week off good buddy
Old 08-30-2004, 07:16 PM
SS/Veteran

Here was My all time Favorite post. The second sentence is the best.

Team StriperSurf

+2,000 Posts

posted 12-24-03 09:42 PM
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house.Nothing was moving not even a mouse.
The nets were hung in the yard with care, in hope that the Striper Laws would soon be fair.
As we steamed up the crick I really thought I ran down the great one ST Nick. A blur on the radder was all I could see.
When I pulled into the dock My fear's had come true there was the game Warden. (yeah you know who.) Waiting for me
With the bluefish being put in boxes with care,Heading to NY for millions to share.I couldn't help but think about all the families, who would be able to have there seven fishes out there.
Fighting the wind and laughing at the cold all seems worth it when you got a great family to hold.
With a pull of a string and a turn of a key I was headed home to be with family.Enter the house and to my surprise a big bowl of egg nogg on the table for me.
After a few big slugs I heard a thumb on the roof sounded like the dog chased another cat up onto the roof, appond review I saw fat guy in a survival suite. Just as fast as he seen me he was off like a blur the crackling of the rigging was all that I heard.
In the NW wind I though I could hear a 671 being put into gear.
As I rushed to the dock with flashlight in hand I thought I might be able to see Santa again.To my disappointment all that I heard was orders being yelled out by some fat old terd.On Bentrod,On Foul Set,On Houcus On ProCatcher. Respectfully your and HiHook were the only two missing.(They ran to Cape Port to get supplies again.)
With the line stowed and that being said It's time for fishpicker to head to bed.Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Fish Picker
Director,OHGNA
OTTENS HARBOR GILLNETTERS ASSOCIATION ><>XXX<><
Old 08-30-2004, 07:17 PM
SS/Veteran

The second sentence is inspiration.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:20 PM

Happy anniversary! I just wish HocusPokus would come back. I think that grandchild has ruined him!!!!

BTW- the moritorium will last 3 weeks max, and you guys will never fish for stripers in NJ waters- I'd concentrate on spiny dogs- those effin things are everywhere
Old 08-30-2004, 07:25 PM
SS/Veteran

Nopppppp::::: I want the truth to be known.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:26 PM

Old 08-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

THAT should be in the council members oath, and etched in marble, and hung at the gates of the white house,, where it was guarded by our military!!!!! that was the best!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:03 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HaysWalt:

BTW- the moritorium will last 3 weeks max, and you guys will never fish for stripers in NJ waters- : <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right Walt. Us guys might never fish for stripers again in NJ waters. But on 8/30/03 did you ever think that on 8/30/04 you would post "BTW-the moritorium will last 3 weeks max"???? RY
Old 08-31-2004, 05:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Respectfully Yours:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HaysWalt:

BTW- the moritorium will last 3 weeks max, and you guys will never fish for stripers in NJ waters- : <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right Walt. Us guys might never fish for stripers again in NJ waters. But on 8/30/03 did you ever think that on 8/30/04 you would post "BTW-the moritorium will last 3 weeks max"???? RY <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never in a million years.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Let me add that it has a great pleasure to have all Commercial Fishermen here. A great pleasure to meet Bent, Fishpicker and HP as well as their lovely brides.

In recognition of the enormous and extraordinary contributions that Bentrod, Fishpicker and HP have made to StriperSurf.com and Team StriperSurf this forum is going to be re-done with a style all of its own and will be the first forum which will be recognized with the line

"Sponsored by Bentrod and Fishpicker, American Commercial Fishermen and the Ottens Harbor Gillnetters Association. Eat More Fish!"

Or something better. I'm open to suggestions.

T H A N K Y O U

Old 09-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob D'Amico:
Let me add that it has a great pleasure to have all Commercial Fishermen here. A great pleasure to meet Bent, Fishpicker and HP as well as their lovely brides.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>it has been our pleasure to have a place to talk about all the things that are important to all of us... THANK YOU