Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 08-29-2003, 08:18 AM
SS/Veteran

Fished plugs and plastic in monmouth cty around jetties. No fish. Was told I missed a blitz of big blues by about an hour. Also that some weakfish have been caught at night. A guy was catching porgies.

roger.smith@stripersurf.com
Old 08-29-2003, 08:18 AM
SS/Veteran

Fished plugs and plastic in monmouth cty around jetties. No fish. Was told I missed a blitz of big blues by about an hour. Also that some weakfish have been caught at night. A guy was catching porgies.

roger.smith@stripersurf.com
Old 08-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

meh, me too...fished live clams and bunker around a few jetties durng the outgoing in monmouth county last night...fed about a dozen dogfish, only good thing was I took a newbie with me and he hookes a 15lb doggie so he thought it was great and he's got the bug to go back.

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:48 AM
SS/Veteran

blue fish were in and out all day, i went snorkling and saw tons of bait fish mabe anchoives or penuts im not sure, i am sure about the big fluke underneith them. (ibsp)
Old 09-03-2003, 02:03 PM

Just got back from a vacation in Bay Head. Was throwing metal from the beach around 6:45 that day when all hell broke loose. People were running out of their houses with crabbing nets and hurling blues onto the beach. Seemed like every spectator took a blue home as I didn't see any wasted. Landed and released more than ten healthy 3-5 lb.fish in about 20 minutes. Saw albies and Spanish macks leaping all over the place just out of range. Great time!