Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Default Corsons Inlet Park this Fall?

hey all, im new to the forum and the jersey shore for that matter. Grew up fishing Fenwick in maryland with my father and recently moved to phildelphia. I just started to research fishing the jersey shore and found I could still get a beach buggy permit for Corsons Inlet State park south of ocean city. I havent found much online about it, anyone have any good experience striper fishing here in the fall? Is it a good place for driving on the beach or is it just as accessible walking with a cart? Any suggestions on other shore points for stripers this fall? I have a friend with a beach house in Ocean city so being near there would be great. Thanks in advance for any help for the newbie, looking forward to trying jersey striper fishing this fall.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:27 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Corsons Inlet Park this Fall?

Giving a choice of Corsens or Brigantinte, I would take Brigantine first. Corsens is a good spot to pick up bait when the mullet start running, but downside is a lack of close tackle shops nearby.Night time is good for weakies on the backside,but keep an eyeball out for the fox.Brig. Offers a lot more beachfront to choose from and a better selection of tackle shops. Good luck,Joe
Old 08-23-2010, 11:37 AM
SS/Veteran

Does your friend own the house in OC? Those passes are GOLD!! Beach cart can be used at Strathmere or Whale Beach, can be used at North end of Brigantine by the sea wal. Joe.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior Fellow

If I'm fishing the Ocean City area in the fall I would focus on Great Egg Harbor inlet at the north end. I have caught both drom and stripers there with fair consistency. There is plenty of structure with the jetties and the water outflows and between the first bathing beach and the bridge, the opposite shore and the point at Lingport you can fish in any wind and any tide.

There is a lot going on up there --- and in the fall the traffic is not an issue. I have caught fluke at Corsons Inlet but there is less real estate there. My .02.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 08-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Fishing Corson's Inlet during the fall can be fantastic at times.. Starting later in September they usually get a nice mullet run coming out of the backbays.. Mostly Blues on them but expect some resident Bass also chasing them..

The area is not that big, maybe 1 mile down from the entrance ramp to the point/inlet..Then you can drive a little ways back up inside and that is where the real fishing happens..

Well worth it if you will be in the area.. Get there early in the morning or fish at night for the better spots and chances at fish coming through

Good Luck,,

You know where to obtain the permit right ?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 PM

Thanks guys for the great tips. My friend does own the house in OC but when i called about the beach permits in OC, they said 5 year waiting list for residents, 10 year list for non residents, whats so popular about OC? I got the application for Corsons and they have 100 permits left which is why I was considering it. It would actually be ideal to go somewhere where I could just take a beach cart to walk and not even have to drive on the beach and risk getting stuck or beating up my truck. Ive been going to the beach there this summer but wasnt familiar at all for fishing. I think ill just take what you guys all said and just go for it this fall and see what I find. Corsons just sounded tempting because I know inlets are popular places for bass coming in and out but it sounds like there may be better opportunities elsewhere (hence the leftover beach permits at Corsons). Thanks for all the posts. Tight lines.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

it's just the limited nature of the OC permits that make them so special, nothing more. if you could truly limit the IBSP permits, for example, say to 2000 or 3000 unique, lifetime permits with no expansion or turnover unless someone gives it up, you'd see 5 yr + waiting lists as well.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:37 PM

I grew up in OC and have always loved fishing the northend. Recent dredging there has changed the structure substantially, but its still very fishable. I like it because it offers a wide range of fishing options in a very small area. Whether you like jetties, the open beach, inlet, pier or sod banks you have them all with a 5 minute walk/drive on either side of the bridge, with parking and easy access.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauthk141 View Post
Thanks guys for the great tips. My friend does own the house in OC but when i called about the beach permits in OC, they said 5 year waiting list for residents, 10 year list for non residents, whats so popular about OC?

It's a joke down there,, city politics thats all.. Waiting list - . If you know the right person it can happen. The bottom line there is that they do not want 4x4 buggys on the beach to begin with and even still you cannot ride in front of the boardwalk because it might look bad to the tourist if you even have one. And most of those permits are handed down thru the familes-generation after generation and they don't give them up and even use them other then riding down occasionally to watch the sunset.. There are a couple of Hard-Core guys that fish with them but alot have dissapeared there over the years...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Look up 24-7 bait & tackel shop open 24 hrs 7 days a week all good people tell chris& adam Capt Hook sent ya .if they Don't have it they will get it for ya ..........Capt Hook
Old 09-21-2010, 08:16 AM

Last time I checked, there was a B&T on 55th Street, basically down the road (east) from the Inlet parking lot. The name is "Seagull Shop" I believe. There are several in OC that should satisfy your needs for bait and supplies.