Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Delaware & Maryland

Fishing - Delaware & Maryland Delaware & Maryland Fishing Reports and Information

Old 08-22-2010, 10:47 AM

Default IRI Last week

Camped/fished at IRI for the past week. LOTS of small fluke, out of 50 to 60 my wife and I caught from the rocks, we had two that passed the 18.5" mark. We each lost a bigger fish, one to a failed dropper loop, another one broke off on a rock. We fished the incoming afternoon high tide for bluefish and caught some of those just to break up the day. (I kept some for bait on an upcoming deep drop trip). I floated sandfleas at night twice and landed several schoolies, I also saw a 20" to 22" striper landed by a fluke fisherman who inadvertently snagged a rig, when he reeled it in, the still alive striper was on the hook!! I did not fish the beach or inlet for croaker or whiting. There were LOTS of glass minnnows and other SMALL baitfish in the inlet, I had several baitfish that looked like threadfin herring dropped by the birds. Clamming was decent, about an hour to gather our limit, nice smaller clams too! I will return next month for another week of fun!