Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

View Poll Results: When will Bush be blamed for the TSA mess?
Instant Blame - fundamental Administration policy 12 57.14%
After Obama says "Good job, Janet" 3 14.29%
After reviewing details of an incident for 2 weeks 3 14.29%
Never - Obama will forever say 'The Euro Stops here' 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default The Bush-Bingo

When will Bush be blamed for the TSA mess?

Obama to Tackle Airport Security Following Several Breaches

President Obama returned to Washington Monday with an eye toward cracking down on airport security following at least three recent incidents that exposed gaps in the screening system.

President Obama touched down in Washington Monday after his end-of-year vacation in Hawaii -- and he's arriving to a whole new mess, with the country's security infrastructure in question following the attempted bombing of a Northwest Airlines flight.
The president returns home with an eye toward swiftly cracking down on airport security following at least three recent incidents that exposed gaps in the screening system.
Though it's unclear whether the president will demand resignations, he and other officials in his administration have warned about the need for "accountability" in the face of security concerns across several agencies.
The latest breach happened Sunday evening at Newark Liberty International Airport, where flights were grounded for hours after a man, who has still not been found, walked through an exit into the secure side of a terminal. All passengers were evacuated and then had to be re-screened before they were allowed to board their planes.
The attempted bombing of a Northwest Airlines flight on Christmas Day shined a bright light on airport security gaps as well as potential failures to share information among various intelligence agencies. Days later, the crew on a flight from Baltimore to New York City found a firecracker on board after the plane landed.
"I think this guy may have done us a favor," former 9/11 Commission Co-Chairman Tom Kean said of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the 23-year-old suspect in the Christmas Day incident. "For the first time here, we're looking at the problems in Yemen. For the first time, the administration is really concentrating on this. For the first time, we're re-doing airplane safety."
Some terror analysts say the failed attack shows that security has not improved measurably since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, despite the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and billions spent on airport security.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Default Re: The Bush-Bingo

sorry folks, I don't have time coming up with the official "Bush Bingo" game... a poll was the next best option
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Senior Fellow

The inepitude of this administration, except in regards to tearing apart our economy, is staggering. He is either such a wild egomaniac that he is blinded to what is happening in the world around him OR thinks he is determining what is happening OR he is a completely inexperiemced street punk-community organizer from Chicago. At this point I actually hope it is the later.

Now that boy wonder is back from the islands it will be interesting (sort of like pulling up to the scene of a head on accident) to see how he scapegoats this debacle. Stay tuned for whole new level of BS. I can wait.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Senior Fellow

I'm floored!!!! Obama spoke like a responsible adult. Although he's not so fluent while off his prompter I like him much more when he appears almost human. I think he may actually be getting it with this terrorist war.

I don't let have any hope that he will abandon his other subversive agendas --- but for a few minutes yesterday he either put on the guise of the POTUS or experienced some kind of enlightenment.

Maybe there actually is some hope. Now let's see if he has the nads to exhibit some honesty and let us see inside his farcicle health care scam. If he transforms into a real American I will support him.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 01-06-2010, 07:26 AM

a real American? He still has to produce a valid birth certificate
Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Senior Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
a real American? He still has to produce a valid birth certificate
Yo Rob --- I'm TRYING to be optimistic here!!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 PM

well looks like a combo of option 3 and 4, 2 weeks later "the euro stops with me"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100108/...rline_security

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama declared Thursday "the buck stops with me" for the nation's security, taking responsibility for failures that led to the near-disastrous Christmas attack on a Detroit-bound airliner and vowing the problems would be corrected. He said the lapses were widespread but suggested no officials would be fired.

I think there were some implicit "it's bush's fault"s within the admin, but haven't found the words explicitly
Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
SS/Veteran

I watched and didn't think there was any of that at all... he said people within his administration would be held accountable, but it's squarely on his shoulders. Which is about as factual as it gets; he appointed these people.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 AM

don't worry, he'll come around to blaming Bush... it's just a matter of time.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Senior Fellow

The intel dude who went skiing for his 7 yr olds B'day --- after the incident, has GOT to be toast!!!! I understand that he is an x-jet jockey and no doubt a fine man ----- but where was his head?

I work for some of the finest municipal managers in the world. These guys do not even CONSIDER leaving town if there is a possible winter weather event forecast. They are true public servants and accountable to the enth degree. How the hell does this guy go away for a 5-6 day vaca when there was a barely avoided catastrophe involving an attack on our country? This is nuts.

It has to be a reflection from the top ---- maybe that's why Bozo can't go there. I hope he wakes up soon.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:20 PM

Analysis: Obama's buck-stopping goes only so far

By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer Ben Feller, Associated Press Writer 1 hr 56 mins ago

WASHINGTON – He says "the buck stops with me," but nearly a year into office, President Barack Obama is still blaming a lot of the nation's troubles — the economy, terrorism, health care — on George W. Bush.
Over and over, Obama keeps reminding Americans of the mess he inherited and all he's doing to fix it. A sharper, give-me-some-credit tone has emerged in his language as he bemoans people's fleeting memory about what life was like way back in 2008, particularly on the economy.
"Yes, we can"?
Try "Yes, I have."
While candid about what he called his team's "screw-up" in the botched Christmas airliner attack, Obama has made a point of underlining all the good he believes his government has done, too.
"Our progress has been unmistakable," Obama said as the new year began. "We've disrupted terrorist financing, cutting off recruiting chains, inflicted major losses on al-Qaida's leadership, thwarted plots here in the United States and saved countless American lives."
Yet every time Obama tries to offer a dose of perspective like that, he faces the reality that people live in the moment.
On terrorism, Americans are less concerned about quiet successes than troubling failures, especially one that evoked harrowing memories of Sept. 11, 2001.
On the economy, people prefer good news now, not updates on how things are gradually getting less bad.
The way Obama sees it, the problems he took on — recession, war, health care, a warming planet — were always too huge and complicated to fix that fast.
So he emphasizes progress by taking people back to where he began.
Which means taking them back to Bush.
"I don't need to remind any of you about the situation we found ourselves in at the beginning of this year," Obama told people at a Home Depot stop last month. And then he reminded them anyway, detailing a nation in financial free fall when he took office.
The economy now is both groaning and growing.
Gloomy employers just slashed another 85,000 jobs in December, but Obama rarely misses a chance, as he did again Friday, to remind people that, hey, remember the job erosion at the start of the year? About 700,000 a month.
That is true, but it doesn't matter much to the man or woman who is out of work, a point Obama concedes.
He's not just trying to give people context. He's trying to shore up his standing and his party's, hoping voters will let it all sink in during this big congressional election year.
An overwhelming majority of people say 2009 was a bad year for the country, according to the latest Associated Press-GfK poll. As Democrats head toward midterm elections trying to hang onto control of the House and Senate, half of Americans still think the country is headed in the wrong direction.
Obama needs to show that he gets results. And so he describes a year of overlooked achievement since his predecessor left town, addressing a range of problems: hate crimes, tobacco advertisements toward children, pay disparities for women, abuses by credit card companies and many more.
In other words, change from Bush.
Except for when Obama sounds just like Bush with tough words for the enemy.
"We are destroying training camps, disrupting communications and dismantling air defenses," Bush said of the mission in Afghanistan in November 2001.
Said Obama this week of terrorists seeking to kill Americans: "We are determined not only to thwart those plans but to disrupt, dismantle and defeat their networks once and for all."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100109/...where_analysis
Old 01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
SS/Veteran

Well... there's another unbiased report from the same wire service that can't tell the difference between a custody case and a goddamned kidnapping.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:29 AM

"
OBAMA: By that time, we did. And here's my assessment of not just the vote in Massachusetts, but the mood around the country.
The same thing that swept Scott Brown into office swept me into office.
People are angry, and they're frustrated. Not just because of what's happened in the last year or two years, but what's happened over the last eight years."

The election was lost Tuesday... one day later... a winner

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2010...medium=twitter
Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 AM

There is definitely a need to define a corollary to Godwin's law based on Reductio ad Bushum.

Perhaps the Axelrod Corollary or some such title. Meaning the P("blame Bush") -> 1 as deltaT increases.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
SS/Veteran

Obama's reasoning is sound.