Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:12 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The Clinton Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Trump - Sanders in the general.

How great would it be?
getting excited about politicians in Washington ...have to take you fishing man !
Old 01-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Slipping away once again...video

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d8f_1452804525

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:47 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

They have a new show coming on TV this season, it's about a male version of Hillary.

Title: Lucifer
Old 01-18-2016, 07:06 PM

Clinton embraces Obama in final stretch, fueling GOP claims of seeking '3rd term'

If you like Barack Obama, you?ll love Hillary Clinton.

That seems to be the Democratic front-runner?s pitch as she charges into the final stretch to the Iowa caucuses, embracing the administration?s agenda and casting rival Bernie Sanders as a threat to that legacy ? a strategy on full display at Sunday?s primary debate.

On stage in Charleston, S.C., Clinton accused the Vermont senator of wanting to ?tear? up ObamaCare, which she called ?one of the greatest accomplishments of President Obama, of the Democratic Party and of our country.? She accused him of trying to run a primary challenger against Obama in 2011. And she publicly defended the president on controversial calls, including the decision to back off the ?red line? with Syria?s Bashar Assad.

Sanders, for his part, pushed back on Clinton?s allegations ? saying he?s not trying to scrap the health care law and reminding voters he ended up supporting Obama in 2012 despite their differences.

But the exchanges helped underscore an emerging dynamic in the race. Clinton is deliberately running toward Obama ? not away from him ? as she nears the early-voting contests, surely hoping to capture the voters who helped propel him to victory in 2008, particularly in South Carolina and other states she may need as a firewall.

?She?s appealing to her base and for better or worse, she?s with Obama as much as she can be in this election,? Adam Goodman, Republican strategist and principal of The Victory Group, told FoxNews.com.

At the same time, the strategy is potentially risky; should Clinton win the nomination, Republicans are eager to use her ties with Obama administration against her in a general election.

?If there?s anybody that has any doubt any longer that Hillary Clinton would be a third term of Barack Obama, they should have watched that debate last night,? GOP presidential candidate and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie told Fox News on Monday.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said after the debate that the Democrats had ?doubled down on the extreme and failed policies of the current administration, despite the fact Americans are desperately looking for a new direction that will only come with Republican leadership.?

On policies foreign and domestic, Clinton embraced the administration?s work while touting her own involvement. On the heels of the implementation of the Iran nuclear deal, Clinton said she was ?very pleased? to be a part of it. She praised Obama?s 2013 decision to back off his ?red line? with Assad over chemical weapons use, and instead engage the Russians in an agreement to ship out Assad?s chemical weapons stockpile.

?Getting those chemical weapons out was a big, big deal,? Clinton said.

Clinton also slammed Sanders for his universal health plan to offer ?Medicare for all,? the details of which were released just hours before the debate. Clinton said she wants to improve on ObamaCare, and accused Sanders of moving to unravel the Obama administration?s signature domestic policy.

?To tear it up and start over again ? I think is the wrong direction.?

Sanders fired back, calling some of Clinton?s criticism ?nonsense.?

He said he wants to move to ?Medicare for all? in order to provide health care ?as a right? and extend insurance to the millions who still don?t have it. His plan calls for an array of tax hikes to pay for it.
more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:59 PM

and many still support her....

EXCLUSIVE: Hillary's private email server exposed some of America's 'most sensitive' and secret intel
Inspector General: Clinton emails had intel from most secretive, classified programs

EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton's emails on her unsecured, homebrew server contained intelligence from the U.S. government's most secretive and highly classified programs, according to an unclassified letter from a top inspector general to senior lawmakers.

Fox News exclusively obtained the unclassified letter, sent Jan. 14 from Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. It laid out the findings of a recent comprehensive review by intelligence agencies that identified "several dozen" additional classified emails -- including specific intelligence known as "special access programs" (SAP).

That indicates a level of classification beyond even ?top secret,? the label previously given to two emails found on her server, and brings even more scrutiny to the presidential candidate?s handling of the government?s closely held secrets.

?To date, I have received two sworn declarations from one [intelligence community] element. These declarations cover several dozen emails containing classified information determined by the IC element to be at the confidential, secret, and top secret/sap levels,? said the IG letter to lawmakers with oversight of the intelligence community and State Department. ?According to the declarant, these documents contain information derived from classified IC element sources

Intelligence from a "special access program,? or SAP, is even more sensitive than that designated as "top secret" ? as were two emails identified last summer in a random sample pulled from Clinton's private server she used as secretary of state. Access to a SAP is restricted to those with a "need-to-know" because exposure of the intelligence would likely reveal the source, putting a method of intelligence collection -- or a human asset -- at risk. Currently, some 1,340 emails designated ?classified? have been found on Clinton?s server, though the Democratic presidential candidate insists the information was not classified at the time.

?There is absolutely no way that one could not recognize SAP material,? a former senior law enforcement with decades of experience investigating violations of SAP procedures told Fox News. ?It is the most sensitive of the sensitive.?

Old 01-26-2016, 10:07 PM

Clinton Open to Idea of Appointing Obama to Supreme Court

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is open to the idea of nominating President Barack Obama for a seat on the Supreme Court, she said Tuesday, responding to a question at an Iowa town hall.

?I will certainly take that under advisement,? she said in Decorah, responding to a man?s recommendation. ?I mean, he's brilliant, he can set forth an argument and he was a law professor, so he?s got lots of credentials

She acknowledged that there might be a few obstacles in the way, first and foremost whether Obama would want the job after eight years in the White House. ?He may have a few other things to do,? she said, ?but I?ll tell you, that?s a great idea.?

Another challenge: the process.

?We do have to get a Democratic Senate to get him confirmed,? she said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hil.../26/id/711138/

Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 AM
SS/Veteran

LMAO..you think this guy Obama wants to get another job after being President. There are a lot of privileges he will collect in the Golf community !
Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

The article says "?I will certainly take that under advisement,? she said in Decorah, responding to a man?s recommendation."

That's Clinton speak for "Not over my dead body"
Old 02-01-2016, 08:02 AM

George Soros Gives $6 Million to Hillary Super PAC

Liberal billionaire donor George Soros gave $6 million to a Hillary Clinton super PAC in December, according to federal election records filed Sunday.

Soros gave his money to Clinton's top super PAC, Priorities USA, on Dec. 17, CNN reports.

Soros donated heavily to Barack Obama's successful campaign in 2008. His donation in the 2016 cycle comes as Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has mounted an unexpected and serious challenge to the former secretary of state.

Priorities USA says it has raised $50 million in January with $42 million more in pledges. Two other Clinton super PACS, American Bridge and Correct the Record, reported a combined total of $6 million.

Liberal billionaire donor George Soros gave $6 million to a Hillary Clinton super PAC in December, according to federal election records filed Sunday.

Soros gave his money to Clinton's top super PAC, Priorities USA, on Dec. 17, CNN reports.

Soros donated heavily to Barack Obama's successful campaign in 2008. His donation in the 2016 cycle comes as Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has mounted an unexpected and serious challenge to the former secretary of state.

Priorities USA says it has raised $50 million in January with $42 million more in pledges. Two other Clinton super PACS, American Bridge and Correct the Record, reported a combined total of $6 million.

Sanders has disavowed super PACs, but one run by National Nurses United has raised $2.3 million.

Sanders' campaign announced Sunday it had raised $20 million in January.

Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley's struggling campaign brought in only $1.5 million in the fourth quarter.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/soro.../31/id/712081/

Old 02-05-2016, 06:49 AM

Hillary Clinton, blind to her own greed, makes another blunder

CNN host Anderson Cooper asked Hillary Clinton about her compensation for three speeches she gave to Goldman Sachs after being secretary of state during CNN's Democratic forum in Derry, N.H., on Feb. 3. (CNN)

It is the nature of our political environment that the best performance of one?s career can be ignored ? and ruined ? because of a single remark. Hillary Clinton was sailing along in the Democratic town hall hosted by CNN Wednesday night, sounding thoughtful and at ease when ? bam! ? the viral disaster ensued:

ANDERSON COOPER: One of the things that Sen. [Bernie] Sanders points to and a lot of your critics point to is you made three speeches for Goldman Sachs. You were paid $675,000 for three speeches. Was that a mistake? I mean was that a bad error in judgment?

CLINTON: Look. I made speeches to lots of groups. I told them what I thought. I answered questions.

COOPER: But did you have to be paid $675,000?

CLINTON: Well, I don?t know. That?s what they offered.

And if her feigned obliviousness to the access-buying game were not infuriating enough, she let out yet another whopper:

CLINTON : You know every secretary of State that I know has done [paid speeches].

COOPER: But (inaudible) for office they?re not running for an office?

CLINTON: Well, I didn?t know?

COOPER: ? have known.

CLINTON: To be honest I wasn?t ? I wasn?t committed to running. I didn?t know whether I would or not.

COOPER: You didn?t think you were going to run for president again?

CLINTON: I didn?t. You know when I was secretary of State several times I said you know I think I?m done. And you know, so many people came to me, started talking to me.

Really? Even while secretary of state, as we know from her emails, her political antennae were on high alert. And certainly those who paid her exorbitant sums and donated to her foundation believed that she would run for president. That is what drove up her price.

more https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...other-blunder/

Old 02-12-2016, 12:17 PM

UMM, ABOUT THOSE GOV'T INVESTIGATIONS? Dem debate moderators, Sanders ignore probes into Clinton emails, foundation

FBI, foundation controversies missing from Clinton questioning at debate

While Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders sparred Thursday night over issues ranging from health care to police brutality to campaign finance -- and even who liked Henry Kissinger ? what was glaringly missing was any mention of the government's investigations into Clinton?s email use or the Clinton Foundation.

Both PBS moderators -- Judy Woodruff and Gwen Ifill -- and Sanders ignored the controversies that have dogged Clinton's candidacy, despite fresh developments on both fronts.

A top FBI official confirmed earlier this week that the probe regarding the former secretary of state?s private email server remains ?ongoing.? This, after Clinton boldly declared at the last debate she?s ?100 percent confident? nothing will come of the investigation.

And hours before the PBS-hosted debate in Milwaukee began, The Washington Post reported the State Department inspector general last fall subpoenaed the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation for records relating to charity projects that might have come before the department when Clinton was secretary of state. A source confirmed the subpoena to Fox News.

Yet questions about either were missing from the debate Thursday night, as neither moderators Judy Woodruff and Gwen Ifill nor Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders brought them up.

For his part, Sanders pre-emptively declared at their first debate he?s ?sick? of hearing about the ?damn emails? and has mostly avoided the scandal ever since. At last week?s debate, he again vowed he would ?not politicize? the issue.

But even MSNBC moderators asked about the issue at last week?s debate ? a question Clinton used to declare she was confident the matter would resolve in her favor.

Instead, the PBS-posed questions Thursday covered an array of domestic and foreign policy issues, occasionally putting the candidates on the spot over their plans. Sanders faced questions about the price tag of his government programs but claimed his plans would be paid for ? through higher taxes on top earners and Wall Street. And Clinton at one point was asked to account for comments by former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright that there?s a ?special place in hell? for women who don?t support other women. Clinton answered that Albright has been saying that line for a long time ? suggesting it wasn?t just directed at voters who don?t back Clinton in the election.

The debate fell at a time when Sanders is trying to build his momentum after his big New Hampshire win, while Clinton is trying to regain hers.

more
more

Old 02-12-2016, 03:13 PM
SS/Veteran

Just one wish ! Johnny Carson doing his monologue during this Presidential debate .
Old 02-12-2016, 07:51 PM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

Dont worry Hook, Hillary is already buying the super delegates so you dont have to worry about her losing the popular vote....

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N View Post
Dont worry Hook, Hillary is already buying the super delegates so you dont have to worry about her losing the popular vote....

What defeat? Despite NH loss, ?super? insiders give Clinton early delegate edge

Hillary Clinton may claim she?s not part of the ?establishment,? but it?s party insiders who are giving her a substantial and early edge in the Democratic nomination battle ? even after Bernie Sanders walloped her campaign in last week?s New Hampshire primary.

Thanks to the intricacies of the Democratic primary system, Clinton already has hundreds of so-called ?superdelegates? in her corner. These are Democratic governors, lawmakers and other officials and party members who can back any candidate they want ? and their vote counts at the convention just like delegates allocated based on the results of primaries and caucuses.

A reminder: It takes 2,382 delegates to win the nomination. With superdelegates alone, according to an Associated Press tally, Clinton starts out with 361 in her corner.

Clinton?s superdelegate edge created a peculiar situation in New Hampshire, and one that angered Sanders supporters. Though Sanders beat Clinton by 22 points, they both walked away with the same number of delegates ? 15 apiece. The difference is, all of Sanders? delegates were earned from his win. Clinton only won nine such ?pledged? delegates ? the other six were superdelegates who independently back her bid.

The outcome led to protests from progressive groups.

Online petitions from MoveOn.org and DIY RootsAction are drawing tens of thousands of signatures asking superdelegates to honor their constituents and support the candidate the people have voted for.

?Commit to honoring the voters -- let everyone know that you won?t allow your vote to defeat our votes. Announce that in the event of a close race, you?ll align yourself with regular voters -- not party elites,? says the petition at MoveOn.org.

For those who closely followed Clinton?s run against then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2008, it?s d?j? vu all over again.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt3

Old 02-16-2016, 05:07 PM
SS/Veteran

I was just wondering . How much it cost Clinton & Sanders for the sit down w/ Sharpton ? my guess it proberly was not declared income .