Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Default Re: Trump-Mania

I joined with +13,000 NJ GOP voters and cast my ballot John Kasich. I think he got over 13% even though he dropped out. Slimeball Cruz around 6%.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Hillary Clinton & Senator Elizabeth Warren met privately this morning. The BUZZ is that Hillary may select Warren as her VEEP, assuring the November election would be a historic wipe out of Trump and the GOP majority in Congress.
Sounds good to me.

Ohio Gov John Kasich doubles down, again refuses to endorse Trump and it's even worse...
"It's not on me as to how Donald Trump does in Ohio. It's on him. It's on him how he does in the country. And, you know, if you're, if you're going to insult Hispanics, if you're going to turn off minorities, if you're going to, you know, have a, a reckless suggestions on foreign policy that's not good. Why would I feel compelled to support somebody who's positions I'm kind of fundamentally disagree with?"
END QUOTE

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-trump-n588861

Old 06-11-2016, 03:43 AM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

White House just called the email debacle a criminal investigation.

I guess when we say Clinton Impeachment we will have to be more specific...did you mean the Bill or Hillary impeachment?

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:23 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob D'Amico View Post
Hillary Clinton & Senator Elizabeth Warren met privately this morning. The BUZZ is that Hillary may select Warren as her VEEP, assuring the November election would be a historic wipe out of Trump and the GOP majority in Congress.
Sounds good to me.

Ohio Gov John Kasich doubles down, again refuses to endorse Trump and it's even worse...
"It's not on me as to how Donald Trump does in Ohio. It's on him. It's on him how he does in the country. And, you know, if you're, if you're going to insult Hispanics, if you're going to turn off minorities, if you're going to, you know, have a, a reckless suggestions on foreign policy that's not good. Why would I feel compelled to support somebody who's positions I'm kind of fundamentally disagree with?"
END QUOTE

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-trump-n588861
Can't deny that Kasich is a great spokesman

Crooked Hillary and deceiving Warren, what a combo. And the media will go nuts
Old 06-11-2016, 02:11 PM

A crook, a liar and a lunatic walk into a bar. Bartender asks: what can I serve you Madam President?
Old 06-12-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Sounds good to me.

If that sounds good, you might need to get your hearing checked.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
[size="4"]Hillary Clinton & Senator Elizabeth Warren met privately this morning. The BUZZ is that Hillary may select Warren as her VEEP, assuring the November election would be a historic wipe out of Trump and the GOP majority in Congress.
Sounds good to me.
Would be a major mistake for her.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:42 AM
SS/Veteran

The GOP : never to emerge again
Old 06-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
The GOP : never to emerge again
America, Greece Part Two.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM
SS/Veteran

Wonder if all these Trump financial supporters have any idea $millions $ goes to National Republican Convention Committee "Building the war chest "... So does the GOP really don't like The Donald ?
Old 06-20-2016, 10:28 PM

Unconventional Special Report: ?Hundreds? of GOP convention delegates are now plotting to dump Trump in Cleveland

Unconventional has been reporting for some time now on the concept of disgruntled Republicans dumping presumptive nominee Donald Trump at the Republican convention that begins in Cleveland on July 18. Last month, we dug deep into the GOP rule book ? and the party?s history ? to figure out whether deep-sixing the Manhattan mogul is even possible at this point. (Short answer: It is.) And later, we explained what would have to happen between now and Cleveland to convince Republicans to go through with it.

But there were never any actual delegates, you know, plotting to wrest the nomination away Trump at the convention. It was all just speculation.

Until now.

On Friday, the Washington Post reported that dozens of Republican convention delegates had hatched ?a new plan? to block Trump in Cleveland ? a plan, according to the Post, that amounted to ?the most organized effort so far to stop the businessman from becoming the GOP presidential nominee.?

At the time, the latest Dump Trump cabal was fairly small. Roughly 30 delegates from 15 states participated in a conference call Thursday night, with Republicans from Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana and Washington signing on as regional coordinators. A Christian schoolteacher and rules committee member from Colorado named Kendal Unruh ? a former Ted Cruz supporter ? was leading the charge.

Since then, however, Unruh?s campaign appears to have picked up steam. A second conference call on Sunday night attracted an alleged 1,000 participants. Unruh & Co. claimed that ?several hundred delegates and alternates? had now rallied to the cause. The group announced plans raise money for staff and a possible legal defense fund. And they even gave themselves a name: Free the Delegates.

As regular Unconventional readers know, there is a convincing case to be made that Republican convention delegates are already technically free to nominate whomever they want in Cleveland, despite the impression that they are bound by the results of the primary votes in each state. Every convention votes on its own rules, so if this year?s GOP delegates wanted to unbind themselves, the argument goes, nothing would stop them. Numerous judicial rulings have found that even state laws, which purport to bind approximately one-third of the delegates, cannot govern the internal affairs of a national political party ? such as how delegates vote at a convention.

Colorado delegate Kendal Unruh of Castle Rock, Colo., makes her opinions known at the 2008 Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn. (Photo: Andy Cross/The Denver Post via Getty Images)

Still, the perception is that delegates would be breaking the rules if they were to vote against Trump in Cleveland. That’s where Free the Delegates comes in. On Sunday’s call, Unruh told participants that she is “planning to propose adding a ‘conscience clause’ to the convention’s rules so that there is no confusion about what delegates can do.” Such a clause would say that every delegate is free to vote his or her conscience on the first ballot — even if state laws or party rules say otherwise.

The idea of a conscience clause seemed to get a boost — at least in the eyes of people like Unruh — when House Speaker Paul Ryan, who has both endorsed and frequently criticized Trump, said on Sunday’s “Meet the Press” that “the last thing I would do is tell anybody to do something that’s contrary to their conscience.”

“It is not my job to tell delegates what to do, what not to do or to weigh in on things like that,” Ryan explained. “They write the rules. They make their decisions.”

“Paul Ryan signed our permission slip,” Unruh told the Post.

It’s worth noting that while some of Unruh’s allies backed Cruz during the primaries, Free the Delegates is not organizing on behalf of any particular candidate.

“It’s not an effort for a candidate or against a candidate,” said Eric O’Keefe, a Detroit GOP operative who is a member of the group. “It’s an effort to educate people on what their real authority is and have them get the comfort that they’re not alone.”

Even so, top Republican officials — who worry that disenfranchising Trump voters would hurt the GOP more than Trump himself ever could — reacted harshly over the weekend.

“Donald Trump bested 16 highly qualified candidates and received more primary votes than any candidate in Republican Party history,” Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer said in a statement. “All of the discussion about the RNC Rules Committee acting to undermine the presumptive nominee is silly. There is no organized effort, strategy or leader of this so-called movement. It is nothing more than a media creation and a series of tweets.”

“The people have spoken in overwhelming number,” added Iowa state party chairman Jeff Kaufmann. “If they pull off what they say they will, we will not have a party. Period.”

Trump himself weighed in Saturday at his rally in Phoenix, claiming that any move by the delegates to unbind themselves and replace him in Cleveland wouldn’t be “legal.”

“I hear they want to try do something at the convention,” Trump said. “It’s not legal, can’t do it. The Republican National Committee is with me 100 percent. Reince Priebus, a very good guy, he said it’s the most ridiculous thing he’s ever heard.”

Trump’s rhetoric aside, what Free the Delegates is proposing is, in fact, legal.

Whether it has a chance of working … well, that’s another story. The odds are steep, but at least one rules committee member tells Unconventional that he thinks the interest is there — and that getting a majority (i.e., 57 members) of the committee to vote for a conscience clause is “definitely doable.”

Stay tuned for more in Wednesday’s Unconventional!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unconvent...000000630.html

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:27 AM
SS/Veteran

^^ if so middle America w/ go Bonkers ...the whole process means nothing .

But secretly we all know its means nothing .... just to pacify the people
Old 07-09-2016, 01:14 PM

Unconventional #33: How Paul Ryan could decide whether Trump is dumped in Cleveland (and more!)

1. Inside the plot to ?save? the GOP from Trump ? with Paul Ryan?s help

A few months ago, conservatives desperate for a white knight to ride into the Republican National Convention in Cleveland and rescue the party from presumptive nominee Donald Trump turned to House Speaker Paul Ryan. Help us, Paul, they cried. You?re our only hope. Ryan turned them down flat.

But a scenario is shaping up that may force Ryan to play the white knight after all.

As chairman of the convention, Ryan will command the podium in Cleveland. He will hold the gavel. His face will be front and center on primetime TV.

And if a group of renegade delegates from the speaker?s home state of Wisconsin gets its way, Ryan?s duties won?t stop there.

He will also, they hope, allow his fellow Wisconsinites to block Trump from winning the nomination.

Can these Cheeseheads really overthrow Trump at the convention? And will Ryan, who officially supports the presumptive nominee, actually wade into a civil war on the convention floor and deliver the Donald?s deathblow?

Before we proceed, the usual caveats: Trump has 1,542 delegates. No other candidates are currently challenging him for the nomination. Trump is by far the most likely person to wind up as this year?s Republican presidential nominee. It?s not even close.

Still, various Dump Trump efforts are afoot ? and various delegates from various states support these efforts. As a result, there is a non-zero chance that something might happen between now and the final hours of the convention to upend expectations and loosen Trump?s grip on the nomination.

So far, most of the Dump Trump speculation has focused on whether at least 28 of the Rules Committee?s 112 members will back a so-called ?conscience clause? designed to give bound delegates permission to cast their ballots for whomever they want, thereby triggering a convention-wide vote on the measure.

But as Yahoo News Senior Political Correspondent Jon Ward reports, ?The Rules Committee will not be the only stop-Trump game in Cleveland.?

Here?s where that gang of Wisconsinites comes in. They call themselves Delegates Unbound ? and they?re plotting to torpedo Trump on the floor of the convention regardless of what happens with the Rules Committee.

Their plan? To convince at least 306 of the 1,542 delegates ostensibly bound to Trump to abstain from voting on the first ballot. If they succeed, Trump would fall short of the magic 1,237-delegate mark required to win the nomination. A second round of balloting would follow. Most state laws and party rules about binding would no longer apply. Other candidates would step forward and offer their services. The convention would become contested.

(Or so the thinking goes.)

?I personally believe there are enough delegates who will abstain to keep Trump from getting the nomination on the first ballot,? Dane Waters, an official with Delegates Unbound, tells Yahoo News. ?And I think that will open up a lot of options for the delegates.?

This approach has a couple of advantages for the Dump Trump crowd. First, it doesn?t require any midstream rule changes ? a procedure that makes most Republicans squeamish. And second, it allows delegates who don?t want to vote for Trump to obey their consciences without disobeying any rules.

In response to the Dump Trump chatter, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus has threatened to invoke Rule 16(a) and simply ignore bound delegates who defy their obligations in Cleveland. But if you actually read Rule 16(a), you?ll see that it prohibits bound delegates from ?demonstrat[ing] support ? for any person other than the candidate to whom he or she is bound.? [Emphasis added.]

more https://www.yahoo.com/news/unconvent...000000761.html

Old 07-09-2016, 04:09 PM

well, that's just great.

as if Trump himself isn't doing enough to give the election away, the rest of the GOP might as well jump in and guarantee that the anti-Christ wins.

the media hates Trump, the GOP hates Trump and the dems hate Trump.