Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 AM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Default Re: Trump-Mania

New Poll: Trump Is More Favorable with Hispanics than Clinton

A new national poll conducted by cable TV?s One America News Network reveals results that will make Trump fans happy, and Clinton fans worrying.

Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump holds a noteworthy percentage lead over Hillary Clinton when it comes to Hispanic voters, 55% to her 45%. Historically, Hispanics vote Democrat. But that appears to be shifting.

http://fightingfortrump.com/new-poll...clinton-video/

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:21 AM
SS/Veteran

This Clinton / Trump thing , I'm trying to relate the out come to either a Baseball / Football playoff series , I'm sure it will come to me by the next post .

I'll be on the NJ beach attending a double birthday party this weekend ... "of course " i'm bringing a set -up to fish.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Senior Fellow

birthday party and fishing....have a great day
Old 05-14-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwrubel View Post
birthday party and fishing....have a great day

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Hey Mike can you please find REAL news sites to quote rather than all these wack-a-doo right wing looney tunes websites.

Ya know, NY Daily News, NY Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Boston Globe, Denver Post, Seattle Times, Salt Lake Tribune, Columbus Post Dispatch, Cincinnati Enquirer, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Philadelphia Inquirer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Indianapolis Star, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle, Miami Herald, Atlanta Journal Constitution, Arizona Republic, St Louis Post Dispatch, Wall Street Journal, The Globe and Mail, Le Monde, la Repubblica, London Times, Suddeutsche Zeitung, Vechernyaya Moskva and of course Gazeta Wyborcza.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM

You forgot the Manville News and the Hillsborough Beacon.

The ones I put up have the right spin for the Donald but I'll try to make you happy.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:41 AM

State GOP Leaders Moving Swiftly to Crush Anti-Trump Efforts

[/b]Republican party leaders in 11 states holding conventions and selecting delegates Saturday pressed anti-Donald Trump members to fall in line behind the presumptive nominee ? and punished those who refused, Politico reports.

Nearly 400 delegates to the party's nominating convention were picked, or, according to Politico, about one in every six who'll fill seats in Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena in July.

According to Politico, the rally-around-Trump forces won out, including in:

? Nebraska, where members passed a resolution to reprimand freshman Sen. Ben Sasse for his attacks on Trump, and scuttled a countermeasure to condemn "degrading remarks toward women, minorities and other individuals" by presidential candidates, Politico reports.

And despite a threatened attempt by Sen. Ted Cruz supporters to take over the delegation, 21 of the 36 members picked endorsed Trump.

? Maryland, where veteran Republican committeeman Louis Pope was replaced by Citizens United chief David Bossie, a conservative activist described by Politico as a longtime ally of Trump.

? Arkansas, where the national delegation's leadership was packed with Trump allies, giving them influence to shape Republican Party rules and policy doctrines at the convention.

? Nevada, where despite suggestions Cruz would still be a factor in delegate battles, at least 13 of 15 statewide delegates were pro-Trump.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/stat.../15/id/728917/

Old 05-16-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverrude View Post
New Poll: Trump Is More Favorable with Hispanics than Clinton

A new national poll conducted by cable TV?s One America News Network reveals results that will make Trump fans happy, and Clinton fans worrying.

Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump holds a noteworthy percentage lead over Hillary Clinton when it comes to Hispanic voters, 55% to her 45%. Historically, Hispanics vote Democrat. But that appears to be shifting.

http://fightingfortrump.com/new-poll...clinton-video/
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/05/15...ispanic-voters

Old 05-19-2016, 07:17 AM

Fox News Poll: Clinton's negatives surpass Trump's

American voters dislike Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

A record 61 percent have a negative view of the likely Democratic nominee, according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday. That?s up from 58 percent in March.

Fifty-six percent have an unfavorable view of Trump -- though that?s actually good news for Donald. Because it was 65 percent two months ago (that was a record high).

Thirty-seven percent have a favorable opinion of Clinton, down two points from 39 percent in March, establishing a new low. The likely Republican nominee?s favorable jumped over the same time period: 41 percent view Trump positively, up from 31 percent in March.

?The standard for unpopular presidential candidates has been Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan in 1980, but we have two new champions,? says Republican pollster Daron Shaw, who conducts the Fox News Poll with Democratic pollster Chris Anderson. ?Clinton and Trump rate lower than disastrous candidates like Mondale or Dole.?

Among women, one in three views Trump positively (33 percent), while nearly twice as many view him negatively (63 percent). That?s little changed -- even going back to last fall. He was underwater by more than 30 points among women in September: 31-62 percent.

It?s a different story among self-identified Republican women. The poll finds they are almost twice as likely to have a positive opinion of Trump. And it keeps improving. Currently, 65 percent of GOP women view him favorably, up from 55 percent in March -- and 49 percent in September. Thirty-one percent view him negatively today.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ss-trumps.html

Old 05-19-2016, 01:26 PM

200 Stranded Marines Needed A Plane Ride Home, Here's How Donald Trump Responded

When Corporal Ryan Stickney and 200 of his fellow Marines prepared to return to their families after Operation Desert Storm in 1991, a logistics error forced them to turn to a surprising source for a ride home: Donald J. Trump.

Today, Stickney would like to say "thank you."

Stickney (left), was a squad leader in a TOW company of a Marine reserve unit based in Miami, FL and spent approximately six months in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War between 1990 and 1991.

Upon his unit?s return to the United States, the former Marine says the group spent several weeks decompressing at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina before heading back to Miami.

Stickney recalls being told that a mistake had been made within the logistics unit and that an aircraft wasn?t available to take the Marines home on their scheduled departure date.

This?according to Stickney?is where Donald Trump comes in.

"The way the story was told to us was that Mr. Trump found out about it and sent the airline down to take care of us. And that?s all we knew?.I remember asking 'Who is Donald Trump?' I truly didn't know anything about him," the former Marine said.

The Trump campaign has confirmed to Hannity.com that Mr. Trump did indeed send his plane to make two trips from North Carolina to Miami, Florida to transport over 200 Gulf War Marines back home. No further details were provided.

The Marine says he and his family are—to this day—grateful for Trump’s kind gesture. "It may not seem like much to most people, but it was very important to a bunch of jar heads and more importantly their families waiting for them on the hot tarmac."

Stickney says that his father—a Korean War veteran and former Eastern Airlines captain—claimed to have never seen a 727 turn around and refuel so quickly. His father was so appreciative of Mr. Trump's help; he said he would fly for Trump for free to thank him for what he did.

Stickney says that in his 28 years of public service, he has yet to see this kind of support for the troops from any of the other candidates running for president: "I have not seen a Clinton or Sanders plane, or anything else for that matter, sent to support the troops."

and snopes says this, who do you believe http://www.snopes.com/trump-tower-air/

Corporal Stickney snapped a photo to remember the day by:
http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanp...lane-14727522/
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2016, 07:01 AM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

I don't believe anything anymore in the media.

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Okey dokie....as sick as I am with politics, one reason why I have not said much of late, I am glad we have finally gotten to the point where there is basically one nominee for the Republican race.

I am going to be totally up front about this. Donald Trump is a guy I would not care to hang out with, I don't care for his big mouth, although his hair does not bother me (actually, I wish I had as much, or little, as he does) and I wish he would quit using the damn word, "incredible" so much. But it is a probable fact that he will be the nominee against the lying, politically entrenched Hillary Clinton.

Now, I think Trump is of the street fighting type. He will fight you with anything he has at his disposal in order to win. Thus his name calling bull**** that I did not care for. But most Americans, including yours truly, are sick of the political circus that has been dominating Washington for untold years. We are sick of the pocket lining punks who go in half broke and come out filthy rich. It is a time for change, and in a big way. I am cool with a person who will fight hard to win.

I hear on TV those people who say they will not vote at all if Trump is the nominee. Come on now, do they really want to hand the presidency to a person who is the definition of a broken political system? Do they really want to hand the job to a person who is being investigated by the FBI on felony charges? Do they want the job going to a person who lied to the world about her complicity in the murders of four brave Americans in Benghazi as well as trying to cover up her involvement in the email abuses that put countless peoples lives in danger overseas?

I say to those who are emphatically anti Trump. Ok, he can be a jerk, I agree, but for God's sake, we have to think about America here. Not voting for Trump is basically a shoo in for Clinton, the poster child for a crooked and broken government! We damn sure know who Clinton is and what she stands for. She has screeched it out many times to her howling and adoring audiences on TV for us all to see.

Yes, Trump is a wild card, but we cannot deny that he has been wildly successful throughout his career. Like the rest of us, he has had his ups and downs, he has not been perfect in every way, but thats business and thats life. Come to think of it, show me anyone who is perfect in all ways. I doubt there is anyone alive who could take this title. The end result is that he has been successful and he seems to want for a better and stronger America. The achievements in his career tells me that he is the most capable to attain these goals, if he is not strangled by a bunch of bull headed tunnel visioned people in congress.

I will go and I will vote for him. I will throw the dice if he is our nominee, because I am sick of the Washington trickery. I am sick of the lies and deceit that I see coming from the leaders of this nation at every turn. I will take my chances on Donald Trump and I will celebrate if he does well for our country and I will own up to my mistake of believing in him if he does not do well. The one thing that matters to me, setting aside my dislike for Trump's personality, is that I will do my part in trying to keep one of the worst people, even as bad as Blowbama, from getting back into the Whitehouse to finalize the last step in destroying this country, and our constitutional rights as Americans. I remember a great America when I was a youngster, and I want a great America once more...

There, I have said it.

Wyman Meinzer, Texas Photographer

Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 AM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Old 05-22-2016, 06:11 AM

Don't worry Bob, Hooks 'gal' will be the next president so we will continue on this great path set in motion by over the last 8 years, and the Supreme Court will allow 9 month abortions and write the ruling that hunting is the only reason for owning a gun and your local police station will hold your firearm until you need to go hunting, remember to promptly return it in 24 hours... and all the public bathrooms will no longer indicate a gender on the door because someone might be offended. And don't worry any longer about your retirement lasting, the fed will just confiscate everything through taxes and redistribute, you will get a part of it.

And don't forget, we will make Ramadan an official federal holiday!

Old 05-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Administrator

I really think instead of bashing ANY candidate, you should work hard to find one that WILL repair our Country.
Everyone's bashing everyone is why WE will FAIL.