Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Senior Fellow

Default Re: Trump-Mania

what you say is all relevant and important but ultimately it is a choice between 2; I don't think Hilary has a list of accomplishments; a list of jobs is not a list of achievements; she is dishonest and will do and say anything to get elected; her character is flawed and again my major point is who do you want picking the next 3-4 Supreme Court Justices; that decision will shape our Country for a generation;
Old 06-02-2016, 01:53 PM
SS/Veteran

Billy What would you want from a politician to do tell the truth ? lol its not in their job description , it was all fun & games until a Democrat is in the W.H. NOW its time to get serious ? As for SCJ ....lawyers can confuse the game of Candy Land !
Old 06-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Exclamation Re: Trump-Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwrubel View Post
what you say is all relevant and important but ultimately it is a choice between 2; I don't think Hilary has a list of accomplishments; a list of jobs is not a list of achievements; she is dishonest and will do and say anything to get elected; her character is flawed and again my major point is who do you want picking the next 3-4 Supreme Court Justices; that decision will shape our Country for a generation;
In my opinion Trump is the biggest XXXXing liar to ever run for any public office. Case in point the recent bald faced lies regarding donations to Veterans organizations.

Nothing has disturbed me more than his comments about bombing ISIS, killing terrorists families, torture and directly stating the military will follow his orders, illegal or not. There is no elite Schutzstaffel (SS) corps in the US military.

Sadly it must now be apparent to everyone that there is an undertone of racism in Trump's campaign. Mexicans and Muslims are now the Jews of 1934 Germany. Trump's recent verbal attack on the Federal Judge who will hear the Trump University case was appalling but also showed Trump's true character. I would bet $10K that Trump was well aware that Judge Curiel was born in Indiana but what did Trump say?
"...happens to be, we believe, Mexican." In another age a megalomaniac said "Jew."

I have more but why bother, apparently his supporters don't care.

Can I assume that you have not researched Hillary's Bio of accomplishments except for scandals?

Supreme Court
I don't want ANY Republican President appointing justices of the Supreme Court but to be fair it doesn't matter much. You must remember the Supreme Court under the leadership of Earl Warren. He was appointed Chief Justice by Eisenhower. The Warren court gave us Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Gideon v. Wainwright (1963), Reynolds v. Sims (1964), and Miranda v. Arizona (1966). At the time people claimed those rulings would "destroy America," but hey eliminating segregation, ensuring equal protection, one man one vote, and due process ended up being good things we would never ever reverse. (I do however think some factions in the GOP want to take the country backwards to the "good old days" of white supremacy by restricting minority voting).

Hopefully our country will endure and the majority of people will reject the blame game. Let's keep in mind that when we are both long dead, in 2050, the majority of Americans will be of Hispanic origin. They will pay their taxes, collect Social Security, buy cars, build houses, own businesses, construct skyscrapers, send their kids to college and VOTE - The American Dream.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

Interesting piece on her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ce-Foster.html

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.

Last edited by Frank N : 06-03-2016 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:40 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

It is clear that there are a majority of voters who are sick of the establishment.

But more importantly, they've checked out of real life. They live their lives in reality tv, bars, partying, "give me more" mentality, no idea about how to take responsibility.

Trump and Sanders are just feeding new c**p to sucker in folks, the way establishment types like Hillary feed old c**p to others.

I don't think Trump is the biggest ****ing liar by far, nor do I think he's the most prejudiced. Behind the scenes, the Clintons have a very very bad reputation in most counts.. they are just slicker with the rhetoric.

I will say that Trump's campaign and direct supporters have run the ugliest, most fabricated and biased campaign I can remember in my lifetime, among major party candidates.

edit: if you ever get the chance to sit for jury duty, at least here in Atlantic County, and listen to prospective jurors while they are interviewed, you will
understand why and how Trump got to be the nominee, and may, frighteningly I agree (though I say that about both Trump and Hillary), become president.

"Do you watch news on television" "No, I just watch HGTV"
"newspapers?" "No"
"any source of news? "No, I don't watch none of that stuff"

*next*
*repeat*

you can substitute the questions for questions about any source of real information and the answer was the same... 2 days of jury selection and there were only 6 people who
had any education or inclination toward same and any source of input beyond reality tv and garden or home shows.
And those 6 were, of course, bounced off the jury.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:19 AM

Either one, we're screwed.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:20 AM

Sad part is, this is what runs for Pres and gets nominated.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:16 AM
Publisher, StriperSurf

'Look at my African American over here'
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2016, 06:22 AM

Old 06-05-2016, 09:05 AM

I Think My Dog's a Democrat Bryan Lewis Official Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3VL...ature=youtu.be

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

I think that SOB Chris Christie gave my email address to Drumpf - SO I went to the official Drumpf site to unsubscribe but while there I looked at his Tax Reform Plan.

His plan was obviously written for the extremely dumb voter who accepts generalisations and doesn't have much knowledge about Federal taxes.

Trump's plans says ALL businesses will have a maximum tax rate of 15%, from as low as "freelancer living job to job" to a major corporation. HELLO, the freelancer isn't subject to business tax rates, he/she can simply declare all income/losses as personal income drastically reducing their tax liability. Same applies to small corporations such as LLC's.

BUT WAIT THERE's MORE... The GAO (Government Accountability Office) calculates that the Effective Tax Rate for large corporations at 13.5%! The ETA is the net rate a taxpayer pays if all forms of taxes are included and divided by taxable income.

BUT WAIT THERE's MORE... I don't have time or knowledge to also discuss corporate subsidies but here's a good example.... IBM holds $52.3 billion in profits overseas but gets $13.2 billion in tax subsidies and tax breaks for a 5.8% ETA (effective tax rate). I'm crying for poor, poor pitiful IBM and other companies like Verizon, GE & Boeing.

The plan claims it will eliminate corporate inversions - US companies relocating their HQ in a low tax country like Ireland. Many big corporations are holding billions of dollars in profits overseas in order to avoid US taxes. BUT WAIT THERE's MORE...

Quote:
2. A one-time deemed repatriation of corporate cash held overseas at a significantly discounted 10% tax rate, followed by an end to the deferral of taxes on corporate income earned abroad.
WHO, pray tell is going to subsidize this discounted tax rate on the estimated $2.5 TRILLION dollars of profits held overseas? I think their name is Mr. & Mrs. Average American Sucker.

BUT WAIT THERE's MORE...
The Trump tax Plan also declares the elimination of the Federal "Death Tax." Oh Please Trump & the GOP need to SHUT THE HELL UP!
  1. It's not "Death" Tax it's Estate Tax but Newt Gingrich coined the phrase "death tax" because it riles up people.
  2. Those angry, 'riled" up people do not realize that the Estate Tax applies only to estates over $5.4 Million. Is your estate valued at more than $5.4 million?
  3. Only 0.14% of the richest estates owe Estate Tax - that's Zero Point 0.14% - NOT 14%

Summary: Both the GOP and Democrats "spin" and issue bullshit information to sway the American voter.

The major difference in Trump's Tax plan is that it is Gold Plated Bullshit! The economists are right, Trump's Plan will totally screw the average American.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2016, 11:12 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

well, it's either a rich liar or a mafia crime boss, you can choose who you want to vote for, but in no way pull the lever for the Clinton Crime syndicate without knowing what you're doing.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Why Trump will win the White House

5 reasons Donald Trump will be victorious in November

The issues Trump has chosen resonate with voters

Trump has shown he is a master of emotional appeal

Although some prominent Republican leaders have withheld their support for Donald Trump, it?s clear that the GOP rank-and-file are rallying to the presumptive nominee. Steve Helber - The Associated Press

By Ben Boychuk

Donald Trump will win the 2016 presidential election.

Not ?might? win. Not ?could win under the following circumstances.? He?s going to win as surely as the sun rises in the east, as certainly as high tide follows low, and as definitively as Steph Curry laid waste to the Oklahoma Thunder?s defense.

What am I, clairvoyant? Of course not. Just as it?s wise to never say ?never? ? except maybe #NeverTrump ? it?s never a good idea for somebody to make unqualified predictions in print about unknowable future events.

Bold claims had better be backed by solid reasons. Although Trump is running nearly even with Hillary Clinton in national polls, the Vegas bookmakers remain optimistic about Clinton?s chances. The online betting site PaddyPower.com currently puts the odds of Clinton winning at 1 in 2, with Trump at 7 to 4. Bernie Sanders is a 20-to-1 long shot.

Would I be willing to put my money where my mouth is? Don?t be ridiculous. Gambling is a sin! But I wouldn?t bet against a Trump victory.

Here are five reasons why:

His rhetoric resonates. (Even as it appalls.)

Everyone knows that Trump is an outrage machine. What few people appreciate is that Trump is a well-calibrated outrage machine. He has fastened on to issues that other candidates couldn?t discuss without sounding like pandering flip-floppers.

Trump has departed from Republican orthodoxy on health care, taxes, free trade and immigration. Often he seems to contradict himself. He has said everything is negotiable ? especially the outrageous things he?s said.

Will he build a wall on the southern U.S. border and make Mexico pay for it? Maybe, maybe not. But he?s opened up the discussion like no one has before.

?
Trump has run a non-traditional campaign and defied all expectations and expert predictions so far. Meantime, Clinton has rebooted her campaign four or five times since April.

?Trump?s selection of issues is part of his persuasion talents,? writes Scott Adams, the creator of ?Dilbert? who has been blogging for months about the Trump phenomenon. ?He was smart enough to pick the topics with the most emotional power. It was intentional.?

?Keep in mind,? Adams adds, ?that every candidate had the same options that Trump did, but only Trump chose correctly.? Adams says that is no accident: ?The public just thinks it is.?

By the way, Adams thinks Trump will win ?in a landslide.?

Most Republicans are falling in line.

I?m a die-hard #NeverTrump guy, but I know I?m among a minority. Although some prominent Republican leaders have withheld their support, it?s clear that the GOP rank-and-file is rallying to the presumptive nominee. On Thursday, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, R-Wis., ended weeks of speculation and endorsed Trump, saying ?the reality is, on the issues that make up our agenda, we have more common ground than disagreement.? A unified Republican Party is far more likely now.

Democrats, meantime, are divided among dedicated Clinton supporters and Sanders? cadres of bitter-enders. The Bernie voters tend to be millennials. Clinton may not be able to count on their support in November.

Gotcha journalism doesn?t faze Trump.

Oh, that Trump is such a thin-skinned baby! Did you see his ?epic meltdown? during his news conference at Trump Tower last week? He kept berating the reporters for not doing their jobs. What a buffoon!

At least, that?s what The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune and the crew on ?Morning Joe? said.

What my friends in the media fail to understand is the great mass of would-be readers and viewers really, really don?t like us. They certainly don?t trust us. And so when Trump calls ABC News reporter Tom Llamas ?a sleaze? and Llamas responds with pained indignation, who do you suppose wins that confrontation?

?Why am I a sleaze?? Llamas protested.

?You?re a sleaze because you know the facts and you know the facts well,? Trump replied.

Trump never apologizes and never backs down. The media may despise him, but voters despise the media more. That?s why he?s winning.

Hillary follows his lead ? badly.

Trump has run a non-traditional campaign and defied all expectations and expert predictions so far. Meantime, Clinton has rebooted her campaign four or five times since April.

Clinton doesn?t know how to respond to Trump. The campaign is peddling the catchphrase, ?Love Trumps Hate.? But as Adams points out, that?s a terrible slogan. ?Humans put greater cognitive weight on the first part of a sentence than the last part,? he writes. ?This is a well-understood phenomenon. And the first part literally pairs LOVE and TRUMP.?

That?s hardly her first misstep. In December, Clinton took a swipe at Trump?s ?penchant for sexism? around the same time she announced that her husband, former President Bill Clinton, would be campaigning for her in New Hampshire.

Trump slapped back. Hard. ?If Hillary thinks she can unleash her husband, with his terrible record of women abuse, while playing the women?s card on me, she?s wrong!? Trump tweeted. Clinton had no answer for that. And she won?t have an answer for it when it comes time to debate.

Trump will crush Clinton in the debates.

People watched with a mixture of horror and amusement as Trump took apart his opponents during the Republican debates. Ted Cruz was supposed to be a debate champion in college. He couldn?t withstand Trump?s assaults. All Trump needed to do was repeat the nickname ?Lyin? Ted? over and over again until it stuck.

A few months ago, Trump started referring to Clinton as ?Crooked Hillary.? He?s preparing the rhetorical battle space.

Also, Clinton is not a very good debater. People forget the way Barack Obama eviscerated her during the 2008 Democratic primaries. She does not do well in situations where she doesn?t have complete control. It?s why she prefers interviews to news conferences. Interviews are more predictable. Press conferences are free-for-alls.

We?re a long way from the Lincoln-Douglas era, when people would sit and listen for hours to closely argued speeches. Trump is a master of the emotional appeal. He?s shown he has no compunction about attacking Clinton and her husband on their moral and ethical lapses, even as he?s fighting lawsuits accusing him of fraud and dodging questions about his past infidelities and current net worth.

In a contest between two shameless politicians, the one with the least shame wins. Get ready for President Trump.

video
http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/article81920737.html

Old 06-06-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Trump's plans says ALL businesses will have a maximum tax rate of 15%, from as low as "freelancer living job to job" to a major corporation. HELLO, the freelancer isn't subject to business tax rates, he/she can simply declare all income/losses as personal income drastically reducing their tax liability. Same applies to small corporations such as LLC's.
Well I guess the little guy who is successful will do an LLC because 15% is a heck of a lot better than 25-39% on a personal basis.