Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Mudhole

The Mudhole "The Mudhole" - This is the place for any area of discussion; National & World Events, Mud Slinging and Politics.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:35 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

Default 7 Signs of a Tyrant

7 Signs of a Tyrant

Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Re: 7 Signs of a Tyrant

Donald Trump posesses all seven of these attributes........in addition to six out of eight remaining signs attributed to tyrants. Thirteen down.........two to go.......winning.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:44 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Good thing the office of the Presidency was designed to limit the power of Tyrants, like that old rascal slave holder Jefferson, as he was so accused.

(and Bob, since your humor-filter is impaired... no, I'm NOT comparing Trump to Jefferson)
Old 08-19-2017, 03:36 PM

The orange idiot is all 7 of these, it is scary and shocking that
he still has supporters.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Senior Fellow

claims a right to govern....Bill and Hilary
personal finances secret.....Bill and Hilary
lie, lie and lie about lying....Bill and Hilary
turns the media and blames the media....are you kidding; are you KIDDING; do you see what they are doing; an NBC poll showed 92% of the coverage of the Pres by CNN as negative; they suggest that the Barcelona attack might be a copycat of Charlottesville....ARE YOU KIDDING; the media has lost all credibility and I am actually glad to see the Pres calling them out; Robert Reich??? his view is give him your $$$ and he and the left will do what they think is right; and fascist? remember that a key element of fascism is denying the right of political opponents to speak publicly; so at Berkeley and other places who were the fascists??? and what did the mainstream media say about that?? and folks, there are bad people on both sides of the political spectrum these days; I wish Trumps first statement had been stronger but his point is accurate;
Old 08-20-2017, 11:40 AM

Nobody has said that Bill and Hillary were angels but they are long gone.
It is all about trump now and my heart will never bleed for nazis meeting any
type of resistance. Yes they have the right to peacefully assemble but the
key word is peacefully, that was not what happened and that is not what they
planned. You don't show up to a peaceful demonstration wearing tactical gear
and carrying weapons and kkk like torches shouting hateful nazi slogans and
then claim you were just peacefully assembling and if the so called potus does
not immediately speak out against them and then claim there are fine people there
with them he should not be our potus. As far as the media yes they suck and they
suck on both sides, you can not put down the left leaning lying media with out
saying the same about the right leaning lying media like fox news which is a total
and complete joke.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:43 PM

Old 08-21-2017, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetty dog View Post
Nobody has said that Bill and Hillary were angels but they are long gone.
It is all about trump now and my heart will never bleed for nazis meeting any
type of resistance. Yes they have the right to peacefully assemble but the
key word is peacefully, that was not what happened and that is not what they
planned. You don't show up to a peaceful demonstration wearing tactical gear
and carrying weapons and kkk like torches shouting hateful nazi slogans and
then claim you were just peacefully assembling and if the so called potus does
not immediately speak out against them and then claim there are fine people there
with them he should not be our potus. As far as the media yes they suck and they
suck on both sides, you can not put down the left leaning lying media with out
saying the same about the right leaning lying media like fox news which is a total
and complete joke.
Everybody complains about the President, why is nobody doing anything about it. People complain because it makes them feel like they belong, when something other than "impeach him, impeach him" is shouted, maybe people with sense will listen. Put any type of people together and they are a gang. "yes, we are going to solve our problems by throwing a rope around an inanimate object and pulling it down" Come on.. "Lets put jokes up, maybe he'll quit" Lets look at these Videos, and then................
Come on, How the heII is that going to solve anything. Kindergartner actions..
I hate to say it we as citizens of this Great Country are just, Circling the toilet bowl. I don't pretend to have the answers but, obviously no one else does either.

Above is just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM

I don't pretend to have the answers either but just like the nazis that so many have
sadly defended we too have the right to post videos or cartoons if it helps us
feel better, sometimes it is all we can do. Opposition to a president that is clearly
unfit to hold his position is very American and helps to bring some little bit of power
to the average Joe in this country of ours.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't pretend to have the answers either but just like the nazis that so many have
sadly defended we too have the right to post videos or cartoons if it helps us
feel better, sometimes it is all we can do. Opposition to a president that is clearly
unfit to hold his position is very American and helps to bring some little bit of power
to the average Joe in this country of ours.
Feel better?? So far in our great country, we have the right to do, well for the most part, what we want. I watch 3 Stodges videos, but they really don't make me feel better with what is happening to our country today. And I really disagree that "so many" have defended the nazi want-to-be's.
A thought, General Lee hated slavery, General Grant I believe partaked. Hatred will not solve anything. In my opinion, MY OPINION, pulling down historical statues is a hate crime and will not stop hatred, only cause more. But, as with ISIS, have at it if it makes them feel better. AS for Donald, I believe no matter how many cartoons you read, or insulting, to him, videos you watch, we're stuck with him. Sorry for the rant, Aloha.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Feel better?? So far in our great country, we have the right to do, well for the most part, what we want. I watch 3 Stodges videos, but they really don't make me feel better with what is happening to our country today. And I really disagree that "so many" have defended the nazi want-to-be's.
A thought, General Lee hated slavery, General Grant I believe partaked. Hatred will not solve anything. In my opinion, MY OPINION, pulling down historical statues is a hate crime and will not stop hatred, only cause more. But, as with ISIS, have at it if it makes them feel better. AS for Donald, I believe no matter how many cartoons you read, or insulting, to him, videos you watch, we're stuck with him. Sorry for the rant, Aloha.
Feel better?? not sure what I did for you to ask me stupid things like feel better
but hey what ever floats your boat, I have my opinion you have yours.
I don't believe these animals are nazi want-to-be's they are nazis period.
Blowing them off as nazi want-to-be's only empowers them and gives them the
time they need to grow stronger. What is wrong with removing the statues of
men north or south that were ok with slavery, I for one would like to see them
come down and put into a museum. As far as General Lee hating slavery it makes
no difference, he chose to come down on the side of the people who liked it.
He made that choice as a grown man. It is time to right history, it does not make
anyone less American it makes them more American. We cannot erase history nor
should we but statues to people that were for slavery don't need to be shoved in
the face of people in public places. If we want to someday be the great nation we
have always claimed to be than we need to face our wrongs as well as embrace
our good. Funny I do feel a little better.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Feel better?? not sure what I did for you to ask me stupid things like feel better
but hey what ever floats your boat, I have my opinion you have yours.
I don't believe these animals are nazi want-to-be's they are nazis period.
Blowing them off as nazi want-to-be's only empowers them and gives them the
time they need to grow stronger. What is wrong with removing the statues of
men north or south that were ok with slavery, I for one would like to see them
come down and put into a museum. As far as General Lee hating slavery it makes
no difference, he chose to come down on the side of the people who liked it.
He made that choice as a grown man. It is time to right history, it does not make
anyone less American it makes them more American. We cannot erase history nor
should we but statues to people that were for slavery don't need to be shoved in
the face of people in public places. If we want to someday be the great nation we
have always claimed to be than we need to face our wrongs as well as embrace
our good. Funny I do feel a little better.
Just taking what you said above in your previous post, that watching your videos and looking at cartoons makes you, us, Feel Better, your quote." if it helps us
feel better"
Right History or re-write history. It's time for allot of folks to look up the word history in the dictionary. Its things that Happened
Whether we like it or not. It was a terrible war, but the history people look at is a damn statue. What about 600,000 men that died in that war? Oh, let's just forget about it. What about the statues of service men and women of the Vietnam war or the wall of soldiers that died. Many people believe they killed women and children, why is it allowed to be. Is it the next target of groups that want to feel better. Because we want to remember, good or bad. I know my mind, and tearing down a statute will not let me forget.

Dog, it put it lightly, we agree on the idea, just not how to go about it.... That's ok

I do like the part where you mention putting in a museum, i wish this was possible but fear it wouldn't be. Only problem is I would worry about groups destroying a museum. I am a civil war buff, the history of it and I'm afraid that no matter how bad a time period it was, and it was, How bad slavery was, and it was, my grandchildren and their children will not know of this part of their history because it hurts someone's feelings. If a bad thing happens, you just don't remove a memory ( I don't believe you can, at least I can't), you try to heal and make things right. Lets work together to heal memories and make sure things like this never happen again.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Just taking what you said above in your previous post, that watching your videos and looking at cartoons makes you, us, Feel Better, your quote." if it helps us
feel better"
Right History or re-write history. It's time for allot of folks to look up the word history in the dictionary. Its things that Happened
Whether we like it or not. It was a terrible war, but the history people look at is a damn statue. What about 600,000 men that died in that war? Oh, let's just forget about it. What about the statues of service men and women of the Vietnam war or the wall of soldiers that died. Many people believe they killed women and children, why is it allowed to be. Is it the next target of groups that want to feel better. Because we want to remember, good or bad. I know my mind, and tearing down a statute will not let me forget.

Dog, it put it lightly, we agree on the idea, just not how to go about it.... That's ok

I do like the part where you mention putting in a museum, i wish this was possible but fear it wouldn't be. Only problem is I would worry about groups destroying a museum. I am a civil war buff, the history of it and I'm afraid that no matter how bad a time period it was, and it was, How bad slavery was, and it was, my grandchildren and their children will not know of this part of their history because it hurts someone's feelings. If a bad thing happens, you just don't remove a memory ( I don't believe you can, at least I can't), you try to heal and make things right. Lets work together to heal memories and make sure things like this never happen again.
We do agree on quite a bit then and I am glad of it.
I also love history and believe it should always be taught and preserved and not rewritten to sound great even though it may not have been.
I just feel like we have always been right on the door step of greatness but some how always fall a little short. I love this country but we need to stop kidding ourselves and embrace the past good and bad, it will eventually lead us to greatness. We need to start by helping to heal the deep wounds of our fellow
Americans that have been so wronged right on our own soil.
My apologies if I miss understood your post and the feel better thing.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
We do agree on quite a bit then and I am glad of it.
I also love history and believe it should always be taught and preserved and not rewritten to sound great even though it may not have been.
I just feel like we have always been right on the door step of greatness but some how always fall a little short. I love this country but we need to stop kidding ourselves and embrace the past good and bad, it will eventually lead us to greatness. We need to start by helping to heal the deep wounds of our fellow
Americans that have been so wronged right on our own soil.
My apologies if I miss understood your post and the feel better thing.
Oh poo, we just had a good discussion no apology needed JD. I just wish, like you and many, the hate throughout our country would cease. Most likely to much to ask for
Old 08-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Senior Fellow

it's getting out of control; taking down statues?? if we are going to take down references to anyone who did anything wrong there will be none left; always thought the Confederate statues were not a good thing but the way No Carolina did it was right...take it up in the Legislature and act on it; Martin Luther King cheated on his wife...does he come down?? does that change his important contributions?; now we challenge 18th Century figures because they did not have 21st Century values; the same for Thomas Jefferson who helped write the document that was used to give freedom to minorities, the vote to women, etc; we are really over the edge and it will take voices on all sides of issues to stand up and say..."enough"