Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Delaware & Maryland

Fishing - Delaware & Maryland Delaware & Maryland Fishing Reports and Information

Old 12-11-2013, 11:39 PM

Default DE surf 12/6-12/8

Headed to the DE beaches this past weekend and found a few fish. Quite a few were short but found a few better fish in the mix with the biggest at 34", nothing huge. Took my dad along and he brought in a good eatin size fish at 29" that must of had 50 sandeels packed in him. Fished hard for three days chunking bunker, 64 bunker to be exact.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:13 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default Re: DE surf 12/6-12/8

Nice, thanks for the report!

Where abouts do you fish (yeah, I know DE isn't THAT big, but still!)

I know some nice fish are down your way.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:01 AM

Default Re: DE surf 12/6-12/8

Hey Rob I'll send you a PM on where I was. Spot burning can be bad down that way as well. This past spring I had the worst incident I've ever had down there. I got to a spot I like Friday night and started catching right away. I picked fish all night and around 3:15am I had a huge run off on a whole bunker that never came tight. At 3:30am the first idiot came drove over the crossing with high beams in the water and pulls up 10' off my end rod. 4 people got out, lit up a latern, they all had white light head lamps blazing in the water. Needless to say I never got a hit after that. By 5am there were idiots all over me. Funny thing is none of them even had a rod in the water until after daylight. I was in complete disbelief at what had happened so a little after sun up I had enough and went to another spot to get away. Ended up getting a few stripers and a big black drum.

So you will all have to forgive me if I don't put spot details in my reports but that is why.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:54 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Thumbs up Re: DE surf 12/6-12/8

Andy, no problem... good idea to NOT post specifics

but please do post up how you are doing, love to hear about action down that way!