Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > The Fan Zone

The Fan Zone Discuss Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Soccer or whatever you think is a sport. NASCAR?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:56 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Batter Up! Play Ball!!

The Big Boss is a True Blue Bronx Bomber fan , enjoying the Mets also . As how YES has short changed their custumers on Cable Vision . Just a little problem , The grandson has a liking for Kay , Singleton , Flaferty & Curry but when Cone goes to the close shots the kids starts to cry . Scaring the heck out of him w/ that whiskey face . on the Mets side Darling & Mex ( he is not Mexican ) has some good stories about their career
Old 04-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Senior Fellow

got what we needed today; great effort from Matz; offense has started to hit; now we need to figure out what Harvey needs
Old 04-18-2016, 06:57 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
The Big Boss is a True Blue Bronx Bomber fan , enjoying the Mets also . As how YES has short changed their custumers on Cable Vision . Just a little problem , The grandson has a liking for Kay , Singleton , Flaferty & Curry but when Cone goes to the close shots the kids starts to cry . Scaring the heck out of him w/ that whiskey face . on the Mets side Darling & Mex ( he is not Mexican ) has some good stories about their career
I am not a Kay fan, nor do I like the radio side, however on radio when tuning in, I know when sterling is rambling off on some inane story the game is out of reach. Still takes about 2 innings to find out a score.

On the Mets side, I never watch their broadcasts ( not even on mlb ) so who is Mex?

At any rate, the Yanks and Mets both won yesterday, in what I would expect to be their "normal" fashion. Good to see Matz come around. As to Harvey, He never gets 6 runs, and I think he's too much of a drama queen for NY, but I guess the media will love him for that and keep the stories going.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 AM
SS/Veteran

Mets are striking out too much & are not hitting w/ runners in scoring positron . The " sun " did help for the Mets win . Mex is Keith Hernandez .

As I was staining the deck yesterday John Sterling , It is high ..it is far .... OH its caught @ the track of brother !
Old 04-18-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post

As I was staining the deck yesterday John Sterling , It is high ..it is far .... OH its caught @ the track of brother !
Sterling is a running joke with fans... Mike and Maddog's first replays one year were classics... then all the other jocks started replaying his calls and it got old, and Sterling kept coming up with more ludicrous calls.

It's so refreshing to listen to real broadcasts from other markets and teams.

The fact that neither he nor waldman can bother to keep the fans informed of the score or game situation for entire innings drives me n u t s. Bring back Mel Allen with his balentine blasts anyday!
Old 04-18-2016, 03:32 PM
SS/Veteran

even the " Scooter " had a couple of brain miss placements but he had Bill White to keep him in the game .

funny story : I took the kids to the Stadium ( old ) each kid had a new ball & pen we went early by the gate 5 waiting for the players , along comes John Sterling grabs the ball & pen from # 1 son , I jumped over 3 rows of people & just about having the ball signed , I claw them from his hands, the look on his face , The Big Boss was speechless & so was Sterling Lol. sonny boy ended up w/ Andy Pettitte's signed ball , 20 something years later when my son comes over & we talk baseball & have a few cold ones , He always asks me to tell that story , wife always shakes her head !

If these games get any longer .... Paul O'Neil w/ Frank & Mary dinner dates will turn to breakfast @ La Brasserie
Old 04-18-2016, 04:19 PM

LOL, great story.

Scooter really lost a few cycles in his later years, but John Sterling is no Scooter

Also, Waldman doesn't help, she wanders off on stories with him... as if it's bad enough to have John pontificating (oh, that's baseball, Susan), she has to go off on inane story after another.

I'm driving around and *sighing* 'hey, can SOMEONE tell me the game stats? please? like now?'

I remember Scooter on TV, 'and there it goes, again... he hit another one' Bill White 'no, Phil, that's the replay'
Old 04-18-2016, 06:06 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
LOL, great story.

Scooter really lost a few cycles in his later years, but John Sterling is no Scooter

Also, Waldman doesn't help, she wanders off on stories with him... as if it's bad enough to have John pontificating (oh, that's baseball, Susan), she has to go off on inane story after another.

I'm driving around and *sighing* 'hey, can SOMEONE tell me the game stats? please? like now?'

I remember Scooter on TV, 'and there it goes, again... he hit another one' Bill White 'no, Phil, that's the replay'
that's Classic quote by # 10

very few were able to paint a picture on the radio & still living today I don't hold it against him, he was a ball player 1st , but if there was lighting !!!

April tells you nothing about a team I'm not sold on either NY team as of yet .

#1 son has tks , not sure what game yet but they are free so they are for me .
Old 04-19-2016, 05:55 AM
SS/Veteran

stir the pot a bit sure , According to last night's interview Terry Collins gives Michael Conforto's hot bat due to being # 3 in front of Cespedes in the Met line up ,w/ < 70 ML games & just over 200 bats he is hanging the kid out & plays the L / R pitchers vs hitters games with this terrific your ball player , we know why he is in that slot ( Wright not hitting ) I don't like this move & Collins don't like Conforto . I'm sure the Homies will disagree .
Old 04-19-2016, 09:04 AM

being down in dixie (yes, even though they were playing the phillies), I don't get all the local scoop unless I can catch the day's WFAN talk/wrapups... not always possible.

When I quote or joke about Phil R, it's just that. He was a classic and everyone loved him, including me, which is why they kept him on even when he was running bases in the wrong direction

His lightning reaction was classic, first hint and he'd be out and on his way home!
Old 04-19-2016, 09:14 AM

and if you want to laugh, must listen radio is when Francesa is going at it with Mets fans over moves Collins did or did not, should or should not make... it's hilarious.
He's coming down the final stretch (next year) and as long as you don't take him seriously, it's a hoot.

btw, just checked Wright 2-5 with 2 HRs, Conforto 0-3 last night.

"We are a team that's built on power, and when we hit homers, we win games," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "Tonight, we hit homers."
Old 04-22-2016, 01:21 PM

boom boom Shreve picks up where he left off last year, spells trouble

the the Yanks are RIP this year.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2016, 10:02 AM

watched boom-boom Pineda yesterday, sitting in the cool upper deck behind home plate:

Nice day with my daughter, great garlic cheese fries, easy traffic in and out (considering ) but wow, almost was ready to leave after the first.

2 outs, 2 strikes, then hit, HR, hit, hit, HR, hit, hit... something like that. 5-0 and the rest of the team mailed it home.

I think Arod got his hit and said "I'm sitting"... he had the oblique-pull to start the day. The only other positive is that Elsbury actually hit a couple of decent balls for outs... other than that it was clear everybody was done.

This is gonna be a season long tryout at multiple positions.

One question is what is the over/under on number of remaining starts for Headley at third. This guy looks like he's going to hit under his weight for the season. I think Cashman had spent a weekend in Colorado when he came up with this deal:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ments-reaction
Old 04-25-2016, 05:02 PM
SS/Veteran

^^^ well if the Homies want to buy tickets so be it , the market is doing good & people have $$ to piss away . God Bless America
Old 04-25-2016, 06:02 PM

Hey, it's NY and it's entertainment... other good teams do visit after all