Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Commercial - Recreational - Conservation Issues

Commercial - Recreational - Conservation Issues An open forum for the exchange of ideas and positions on current and proposed regulations in saltwater fishing and conservation.

Old 08-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Well there's always a deck full of freshly murdered croakers and steaming back to Fire On The Mountain after a good Killing Spree to look forward to.

Old 08-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Mad Russian Scientist

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BENTROD:
WELL ILL TELL YOU,,,,,, right now we have the recs by the throat< so to speak> AND ITS TIME TO KICK EM WHILE THEIR DOWN. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are hateful, shameless commie, unable to get your head out of your a$$.
I'm going to laugh loud, when you end up empty handed again and again...
Old 08-11-2004, 04:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superfly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BENTROD:
ITS ABOUT HURT EGOS... well very soon n.j is going to be found GUILTY AS CHARGED.... i for one am pushing as hard as i can for THE ENTIRE RECREATIONAL STRIPED BASS FISHERIE IN THE STATE OF N.J BE SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite possibly the dumbest post on this board to date. Get over yourself already, BunkerCheese. The bottom line - you screwed. And you know it. And that's the way we like it, a-ha, a-ha! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT "Quite Possibly" it is the dumbest post to date. Here's what will happen. Next week, NJ will be found out of compliance by the ASMFC and a letter will be sent to the secretary of Commerce. Before he even gets a chance to act, the NJ Senate will reconviene and a conservation equivalent bill will be signed- just like they did in NY State for Summer Flounder. We will still be fishing for stripers and- no offense BR- you will still be excluded in NJ because of game fish status.

But I just LOVED those scallops!!!!

Walt
Old 08-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HaysWalt:
[ Here's what will happen. Next week, NJ will be found out of compliance by the ASMFC and a letter will be sent to the secretary of Commerce. Before he even gets a chance to act, the NJ Senate will reconviene and a conservation equivalent bill will be signed- just like they did in NY State for Summer Flounder. We will still be fishing for stripers and- no offense BR- you will still be excluded in NJ because of game fish status.

Walt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>you give us a scenario of what may happen,,,, but are you actualy saying it WOULD BE IMPOSIBLE for the recreational shut down of striper fishing.... even if a team of high dollars lawyers persued this... ITS SIMPLE,,,, NEW JERSEY IS GUILTY,,,,,,, and that means NO FISH!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superfly:

You are hateful, shameless commie, unable to get your head out of your a$$.
I'm going to laugh loud, when you end up empty handed again and again... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I BENTROD DO SOLEMLY SWEAR THAT ON MY FIRST COMMERCIAL STRIPED BASS FISHING TRIP,, I WILL TAKE PART OF THE PROCEEDS AND PERSONALY BUY MR SUPERFLY A NEW PAIR OF KORKERS!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

2 OPTIONS 1 =shut recreational striped bass fishery down.... 2= give the comms at least 60% of the quota,,,, the way it should be... either one if not the commercial lawyers should put a lawsuit on new-jersey that would make their head spin
Old 08-11-2004, 05:14 PM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>you give us a scenario of what may happen,,,, but are you actualy saying it WOULD BE IMPOSIBLE for the recreational shut down of striper fishing.... even if a team of high dollars lawyers persued this... ITS SIMPLE,,,, NEW JERSEY IS GUILTY,,,,,,, and that means NO FISH!!!![/quote]

It's possible, but there is NO way the RFA or the JCAA would allow it to happen. The recent closure of the bonus program is a prime example. There's an awfull lot of back peddling going on in this State right now. I got two bucks says it will not be closed!

Walt
Old 08-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Bent,
Check your PM's
Old 08-11-2004, 07:53 PM
SS/Veteran

Super cry Mr.Rat ya just can't see the big picture.

Lets go back in time remember when the Indians got swindled out of there land ??? Of course ya do !!!

Well a few years ago some Political slickerie was pulled by a bunch of no good snake oil sale men. {oh it's true} We all know what happened to the Indians and of course in this (our culture) we learn from are mistakes. I was hardly even wet behind the ears, The last time that striper where aloud to be harvested. My question to all of you out there. Is it fair that I FISHPICKER must pay for the mistakes made through out History ???? Keep in mind that the mistakes where made by both party's But only one side is still paying the price.

Where is the justices ??? The answer to that is sittin in some corrupt politicians piggy bank.

Thats the bottom line cause FISHPICKER said so!!! ya don't have to like it but thats the truth that you keep asking for.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:51 PM
SS/Veteran

It's not about the $$$$$$$$$ It's the principle. It's not about management it's about a few guys with ego's and power. There money came from the poor guys that they suckered out of 25 bucks. (yearly Dues).

The thing that burns me up the most is that they have been preaching these totally untrue tales and falsehoods, Just to manipulate the sport fishing public. That is wrong flat out wrong.

States to the north and south have a striped bass fisheries. Up until a few of us showed up here you folks were led to believe that the striped bass was a sport fish up and down the coast. Wrong just the state that was corrupt. The proof is in the puddin.

Riddle me this one ya know the boats for hire in maritime laws they are considered Commercial. Those guys were smart they said hold on ya better put this BS clause in about the fish are the patron fish thats BS. another double standard Just like the paybacks.

Superfly Mr.Rat you can say what ya want we all know right from wrong. You guys can keep eating the slop that groups keep servin or ya can take off the rose color glasses and see for yourself. We're not the one that you should fear !!!! take a good hard look at the man who is about to lose your bonus fish Our fish. The very fish that we were swindled out of.

We can't make a dime from but yet boats for hire commercial boats can. Please somebody show me the justice. Don't try and use some BS story either it's a double standard if I ever seen one. You guys just refuse to see because they use rods and reels and we use nets.

DISCRIMINATION if I ever seen it !!! Well get one thing straight FISHPICKER ain't sittin in the back of NO BUS NO Moe!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ragman:
Bent,
Check your PM's <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>RAG,,, THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK...with BENTROD against the recreational comunity.. i didnt start this war,,, i happen to be a casualty in it... ALL I CAN EVER ASK FOR IS A FAIR SHARE OF THE STRIPED BASS QUOTA,,,this is also current events.. this is whats going on right now,,, also the gra talks in baltimore... we shouldnt have to sugarcoat our feelings on the striped bass issue because its a touchy subject on here,,, thats all the more reason to bring it out... i want to hear how you and every one else thinks the commercial comunity should do about this..... i dont have to go over the history of how the comms been screwed,,,, or the busses in toms river,,, all the drunken recs throwing up in the trees,,,, or the statements of the nut groups saying the comms will never GET ANY,, NOT EVEN 1 OF THOSE FISH BACK,,, or even closer to home the cape may party and charter boat saying thell pay any price to keep them from the comms.. i can go on and on.... so now is a very critical point what us comms been waiting for.. first of all the opening of the eez is on the way... that alone is big.... now NEW JERSEY WILL BE FOUND GUILTY ,,, thats big stuff rag if your a comm thats been screwed for all these years,,, SO I KINDA WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT... if the comms were outa complience on ANYTHING,,, even small stuff the ENTIRE FISHERIE WILL GET SHUT DOWN OVERNIGHT,,, bammm with one stroke of the pen... I HAVE EVEN STARTED A TRIP TO FIND OUT THE FISHERIE IS SHUT DOWN,,,,, so i know all about sacrifice... SO WHY SHOULD THE OTHER USER GROUP BE ANY DIFFERENT... ITS CALLED THE DOUBLE STANDARD WE TALK ABOUT SO MUCH... here it is another example... a few years ago when the recs of n.j more than doubled their fluke landings BY RIGHT THEY SHOULD OF BEEN SHUT DOWN...=DOUBLE STANDARD!!!,, tell me RAG ,, what are the comms suposed to do this month,,, stand around and say thanks alot for walking all over us or ARE WE SUPOSED TO PUSH FOR A RECREATIONAL SHUT-DOWN OF STRIPED BASS IN N.J... we cant work with any of the rec groups on this they already showed their hand over and over again.. it has to be like a shock and aaahhhhwww campaign.... GIVE EVERY SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT IN THE TACKLE SHOPS.... PLEASE answer my question,,,, and remember im not attacking the RECS, im attacking the issue
Old 08-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HaysWalt:
It's possible,

Walt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>YOU BETTER BELEIVE ITS POSSIBLE WALT,,,theres going to be a time when we had enough.... NO MORE MR NICE GUY,,,,because its the law WALT,,, and right now we have that on our side... now we should have busloads of lawyers pushing the right buttons.... throw so many lawsuites at trenton and every where else that it brings loop-hole out,,,, then BENTROD will be hearing the sweet sounds of the tap-tap tap again....ITS VERY POSSIBLE ,,,, DONT THINK IT ISNT
Old 08-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fish Picker:
DISCRIMINATION if I ever seen it !!! Well get one thing straight FISHPICKER ain't sittin in the back of NO BUS NO Moe!!!!!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:03 AM
SS/Veteran

Rag honest it isn't about hating recs or war against any one person . This is about right and wrong. The Principle !

We have been granted a place to voice what we feel, To tell and show our side of this and many other issues.

This is how I feel.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Well, After reading all the posts here, it seems this should all be taken seriously, yes this is a serious problem. I see many making fun here but, including myself in the beginning, not sure its time for that now. Maybe its time for all of us to get invloved, to do what, I'm not really sure other than to protect the StriperBass. Maybe nobody should be able to harvest Stripers right now, comms or rec. Maybe thats what it will take. No grandchildren of my own yet but, when I do I want them to be able to catch Stripers in their future. Maybe the arguments have to stop, maybe people have to work together. How?, I'm not really sure. JOE