Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 05-06-2007, 06:58 PM

Smile Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament

Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament

The 4th annual Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament will be held from 6/1/07-6/10/07. This big change for this year is that it will only be for those fishing from the surf or shore. There has been much more interest there than in the boat division. Dropping the boat division will result in us having more prizes for those fishing from the surf or shore. In fact, there are going to be 1st- 12th place prizes for striped bass, 1st – 10th for bluefish and 1st – 3rd for weakfish. Over $5000. in prizes including cash and merchandise is guaranteed regardless of the number of entrants. Those wishing to enter may do so for just $25. Additionally entrants may also choose to enter the optional calcuttas/pools we have for each species
Our tournament is somewhat unique in that we allow the winners to choose their prizes at our awards ceremony. Even the person who has the last choice will receive a prize valued at over $100. The order the winners will select their prizes is a little complicated but will favor those who win prizes in the striped bass division. Striped bass are the most sought after species and after all, we are the Berkeley Striper Club, not the Berkeley Bluefish Club. In the event any of the winners cannot be present, the remaining prize with the highest MSRP will be set-aside for them.
As in prior years the purpose of our tournament is to promote local striped bass fishing and to raise money for our striped bass defense fund. 100% of the profit goes to this fund and is eventually donated to organizations that protect or enhance our striped bass fishery. Our primary beneficiary to this point has been www.stripersforever.org, the internet group seeking to make striped bass a no-sale or gamefish along the entire east coast. However, we may donate to other organizations in the future as well.
The tournament boundaries are limited to all Ocean and Monmouth County Waters. For complete information visit www.berkeleystriperclub.org or call our tournament director, Paul Haertel at (973) 943-8201.

Berkeley Striper Club Spring Fishing Tournament Application
6/1/07 – 6/10/07

I understand that in conjunction with engaging in the tournament, I could experience certain hazards and be involved in certain risks. I further recognize that it would be impractical as well as well as unfair for the Berkeley Striper Club, its officers, directors, and committee members and/or any and all persons directly or indirectly involved in or connected with the Tournament to be liable or responsible in any way for my safety. I hereby release, hold harmless and forever discharge the Tournament and its officers, directors and committee members from any liability and/or libel, loss, damage harm, injury or death suffered by me which may occur during the Tournament. I understand this includes any claims based upon any negligent act or omission.
I understand that I enter the Tournament at my own risk and hereby assume all risks, which may be involved in participating in the Tournament, particularly hazards due to weather conditions, and I fully understand that anytime during my participation, I may elect not to participate when I think the weather or any hazards are too great.
I hereby agree to the terms and conditions of this general release and agree to abide by the rules and regulations prescribed for competition in the Berkeley Striper Club’s Tournament and affix my signature hereto. Parent must sign for entrants under 18 years old.
Name ___________________________________ Age___________
Signature ________________________________ Date __________
Address ________________________________________________
City/State_____________________________________________ __
Phone Number___________________________________________ E-mail______________________________________________ ___
Check Applicable Tournament Options:
□Tournament Entrance Fee $25.
Optional:
□Striped Bass Pool (Calcutta) $50.
(75% to winner 25% Stripers Forever)
□Bluefish Pool (Calcutta) $20.
(75% to winner 25% to Stripers Forever)
□Weakfish Pool (Calcutta) $10.
(75% to winner 25% to Stripers Forever)
□Enter All Pools – save $5. on entrance fee - Total $100.
Total Entry Fee Enclosed $________ (For mail in entries make check payable to the Berkeley Striper Club, C/O Tournament Director, 160 Doherty Drive, Clifton N.J. 07013)

All entrants will be mailed a copy of the tournament pamphlet when it is published 2-3 weeks prior to the tournament
Old 05-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Re: Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament

Our tournament pamphlets have been distributed along the coast and the tacke stores in the Seaside area will have a good supply of them. Stop in and pick one up and register if you like while you are in the area for the N.J. Angler tournament. Also we are giving away 25 major prizes and as of 5/15 we only had 31 entrants.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 PM

Re: Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament

Those wishing to participate in the Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament must enter by 9Pm on Friday 6/1. Registration can be made at Bahr's Landing, Scott's, Alex's, The Dock Outfitters, Grumpys, Bettyand Nicks, L&H (Waretown), Fishermans Hdqrs. and Surf City Bait and Tackle. Applications may be mailed in provided they are post marked by 6/1.
Last year our club gave away $3000. in prizes in the surf division and there were 80 entrants. This year we are giving away over $5000. in prizes and there are only about 50 entrants as of this date. The odds of winning one of the 25 major prizes are good with only this amount of entrants. Please consider joining and remember 100% of the profit goes to organizations that protect or enhance our striped bass fishery.

Thanks,
Paul Haertel
Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Berkeley Striper Club Spring Tournament

Thank you Paul.