Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 09-10-2004, 11:15 AM

Hi, I am trying to plan a trip down to the Cape on 9/25. I want to get there around 5pm and fish until the morning. Can someone tell me where there is good fishing in the area, where I don't need an offroad vehicle and parking would not be a problem. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:15 AM

Hi, I am trying to plan a trip down to the Cape on 9/25. I want to get there around 5pm and fish until the morning. Can someone tell me where there is good fishing in the area, where I don't need an offroad vehicle and parking would not be a problem. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:28 PM

try head of the meadow
Old 09-13-2004, 05:49 PM

not a specific spot, but generally: fish the bowl at coast guard Truro... walk to the right from the parking toward HOTM, there is a big bowl with a cut thrrough the peaked hill bar about 100-150 yards from the lot that often holds fish at the middle tides and high tide.
Check it out at low tide in the day and watch the wave breaks so you will know where I mean.
Fish at nite. low tide is least productive. The bowl is pretty deep, maybe 4-5 feet deeper than the surrounding slope and the bar break out beyond it helps too.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:43 PM

ok, thanks a lot guys. That was the area I was thinking about, but some of what I have read says that there is no parking overnight and stuff, so I didn't want to head out there and find that there was nowhere to park without getting towed or a ticket.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:48 PM

You are cool if you are fishing. town beaches don't ticket or tow. Seashore doesn't want cars hanging around all nite but are generally cool with fishermen. Just make sure you have a line out and that you are (or seem to be) awake.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:37 AM

alright, thanks a lot for the replies. Now we just gotta pray for fish.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:30 PM

you can get a fishing pass for no cost at national seashore visitors center which lets you be on any of their beaches overnight
Old 09-15-2004, 03:34 PM

thanks, but I'm actually trying to find a good place to go where I don't need an offroad vehicle.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:29 PM

offroad is not what I'm talking about. sorry for not being more detailed earlier. sea shore beachs don't allow anyone in the parking lots after mid night without a pass. the pass is displayed in your windshield and you should back into your parking spot. If you don't have this pass you run the risk of being towed. At midnight the rangers make rounds in all national seashore lots sometimes kicking out people without passes. Almost all beachs can be accessed by a short walk over the dunes. Town beachs can be accessed after 4pm and you don't have to be off until 9am. to get national seashore lot pass stop at vistor center during the day. I think they are open 9am-5pm.It doesn't take long and saves the hassle after a long night of finding your car gone.All they want is vehicle make,color,plate# and the pass is good for the entire season.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:32 PM

heading to n.toruo 9 /18 .hear there is monkeygrass all over & heavy. is there any clean water at the north end.ptown,cornhill,wellsfleet? this is for a fishing buddy.i head up oct 9-15
Old 09-15-2004, 07:35 PM

going down same time and haven't heard anything except there are a lot of seals around. not a good thing
Old 09-16-2004, 12:00 AM

jeff is right on with the parking pass. That is what I meant to say but I'm too dumb sometimes. Town beaches don't care.

The seals are everywhere. You see groups of 8-10 every mile or so, sometimes more condensed than that. I have never seen so many as this year. Big ones too.

Ballston has been the cleanest beach mungwise.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:57 AM

i was down the race last year and there was a seal w/ a 40"+ bass throwing it around like a rag doll. after 15 minutes of playing w/ it we watched him rip off a filet and chow. hey largemouth, welcome- have you fished the n. river lately? it's a shorter ride and no mung.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:50 PM

thanks everyone for the replies, that pass definately sounds worth it...thanks for the heads up.

pdevt- been doing a lot of fishing by the North River(down at 4th cliff) and off the jedi in Green Harbor...having trouble finding any big guys, all but one striper have been under 28". Might have to give Peggity beach a try one of these nights.