Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
SS/Insider

Default tire pressure

I have a 06 Nissan Frontier and the low air level lite up yesterday.I just had the 18k maintance done where they drain the break fluid. So I took it back to the dealer today and lost a day's pay. It seems the computer read three of the four tires were flat. Yes there was only 32 lbs of pressure in the tires in three tires and 35 in the other. It just needed some air!!
so with the cold weather approaching and the tire pressure going down 1 psi for every 10 degress they'll probably be other people with their indicator lamps going off too.
ok I learned :go fishing more often, and keep it at 35 psi !
Old 10-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Default Re: tire pressure

From what I see there not suppose to activate a warning until the tire pressure is less then 28psi on your truck.
You might want to look into that.
Attached Images

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Moderator, Team SS

I hate that stupid late I have a 07, air down to 15 on the beach during the day don't notice it at night its just at the right angle to drive me nuts in the corner of my eye, I just cover it. After airing up at IBSP it doesn't turn off untill sometome between the gate and the 37 bridge. One time It didn't go off for awhile one tire was at 32 I'm gonna rely on my gauge, I usually do check my tire presure when getting gas, unless you know its to cold or its raining, but if it acts up if it ever gets cold, electrical tape to the rescue.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM

I have the Titan and have had the same issue for years. What I found out is that when you have more than a 2psi difference between any tire the light will go on. If you have 3 tires at 35 and 1 @ 32 the light will go on. The cold does make a difference and that's when I usally have the issue. The sensors are attached to the valve stem inside each tire. Once the tires start rotating the sensor will send a signal to the computer under the dash. The light usually goes out within a few miles if the pressure is good.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
SS/Veteran

don't break a stem, on my xterra they wanted 70.00 to replace the stem, and 130.00 to reprogram the computer, at least thats what the crooks at the local dealer said. i had a service station put a new stem in for 7.00, black tape on the light no worries.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM
SS/Insider

Kevin that's scary stuff !!